8 - The Kids

*Two weeks after the dinner*

Your POV

"It's good to be home!" I say as I dramatically flip on the couch.

"It's really nice to be home," Dad says and sits on my back.

"Get-off you're so fucking heavy." I groan and he just chuckled before standing up.

"Wanna go see the team. I mean we haven't seen them for two weeks, I'll be surprised if Ratchet hasn't killed one of them yet." Dad laughs.

"Yes! Please let's go!" I chirp excitedly.

We head to the garage where the new groundbridge was set up. I strolled over to the controls and hopped into Dads cab.

"You ready." He asks and I nod. He then heads into the vortex and into the base.

As we got to the other side I jumped out of Dads alt form and yelled "honey I'm home!" in cybertronian.

"What in- oh Ironhide, (y/n) welcome back." Ratchet greeted when he walked out of the medbay.

"(Y/n)! You're back!" Bumblebee screeches as he came around the corner from the bunks.

"Hello to you too Bee" I smile.

"You can understand Bee?" I hear from behind me. Both my Dad and I whipped around to see three kids in the human area.

"What the hell?!" I screech, "what happened?"

"That is a long story," Optimus says while walking into the room with everyone else.

"Hi, I'm Jack, this is Miko, and this is Raf." A familiar voice says and I whip back around to the kids.

There stands Jack Darby. Oh shit.

"Jack?" I ask.

"Is she trying to talk to us? I've never heard that dialect before." Raf says and I shake my head looking at my dad.

"You want your board?" He asks and I nod. He grabs a datapad from the desk in the medbay that Ratchet made for me. Then he hands it to me.

"Here you go," He says and I nod in thanks.

"Hey, Jack, Miko, and Raf. I kind of go to school with you. It's me, (y/n)" I write and as I turn around the data pad to show them, I take off the helmet of my suit. I had left it on because we had just gotten back from a mission we were on for two weeks.

"*gasp* (y/n)?" Jack exasperates. I wave and smiled sheepishly.

"Hey, aren't you the mute girl from school?" Miko asks and I  nod.

"Woah- wait what the heck were you speaking? You're mute." Jack asks. I look to my dad for help and he explains my situation to the kids while I walk up the stairs to the human area. While he was talking, the bots came over and watched them.

"So she's half werewolf and half cybertronian? That's wicked!" Miko yells and sticks her hands in the air.

"Should I transform and knock their socks off?" I ask the bots. They all smile and laugh. I hear a chorus of yeses so I turn to the kids and transform.

"Oh. My. God! That's so awesome." They all say and I laugh. Miko came over and started touching my ears and I nudged her leg playfully. "Haha that tickles!" she laughs.

"Now children, even though the three of you go to school with (y/n), her secret must be protected like ours. This means you must treat her as a human." Optimus says and they all agree.

"So I'm probably going to have to teach them sign language, aren't I?" I look at all the bots and my Dad. They all nod and I sigh. "Dangit"

"Hey, we can help if you want, we know it too." Smokescreen offers and I smile.

"Thank you so much Smokey. I would really appreciate it."

*Two Hours Later*
"Pfft. You just did that completely wrong." Arcee teases Jack.

"Hey I'm trying, cut me some slack," Jack complains.

"Nice Raf! You're pretty good at this!" Bumblebee cheers.

"Thanks, Bee." Raf smiles.

I watch from a distance as Bumblebee, Smokescreen, Arcee, Bulkhead, and Wheeljack helps teach the kids sign language. They're getting better compared to when we started. They were making nonsense.

"(Y/n)? May I talk to you?" Optimus spoke from behind me, effectively scaring the shit out of me. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He apologizes.

"It's okay" I mumble in cybertronian. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Would you mind if we talked in my quarters. I prefer to talk about this subject in private with you." Optimus said and I nodded. He offered me a hand and I climb on.

We enter his quarters and he sets me down on his berth before taking a seat next to me. "(Y/n) have you heard of the thirteen Primes?" Optimus asks.

"Yes, why do you ask?" I ask him.

"I will tell you after I clear up a couple things. Your sire has told you about sparkmates and how they relate to werewolf mates correct?" He asks and I nod. "When is your eighteenth birthday?"

"It's next week why?" I ask with my head tilted in confusion.

"I ask because you'll be able to find your mate after then. My point is that there is a certain piece of information that was gifted to me recently by the Primes." Optimus explains and everything clicks. I'm supposed to show him my mark.

"Optimus, was it about this?" I ask as I lift up my sleeve to reveal the mark that is imprinted on my skin.

"Yes, yes it was." He says in a sort of daze. "Everything will make sense after next week. I promise."

"Ooook then. I'll take your word for it. Hey, can I ask you a question?" I ask and Optimus nods. "Can I stay with you guys for a little while? I need a break from school and you know who."

"Of course. You're always welcome here." He says with a small smile. "Where would you like to stay in the base? Tonight you might want to avoid the main area. Miko has brought her guitar for a party." He says with a sigh.

"I'll make sure to do that. Would you mind if I stayed in here with you?" I ask with a small blush.

"I would love if you stayed with me," Optimus said with a little bigger smile than the last.

"Thank you"

*Time Skip - Night Time*
"Did you get all your stuff kid?" Dad asks as I come down the stairs with my duffle bag for staying at the bot base.

"Yep, I'm good," I say with a tired smile. He chuckles and gives me a side hug.

"Alright off you go. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and pushed me playfully through the door to the garage and out to the groundbridge.

"See ya Dad," I said and walked through the bridge.

When I got to the other side I was met by Optimus and Ratchet. All the others had gone to take their charges home. The ones without charges were either in their rooms or out on patrol.

"Hey, guys," I say with a yawn.

"Optimus she needs sleep and so do you why don't you guys just head to your room?" Ratchet suggests.

"Of course, goodnight Ratchet," Optimus said as he offered me a hand to stand on.

"G'night Ratchet," I say with a wave.

"Goodnight to the both of you." He replied and we leave the main room.

"Optimus are you sure it's ok for me to sleep in here with you?" I ask as we walk into his quarters.

"I assure you that I have no problem with you sleeping in here. If anything I'm glad that you're in here and not in any of the other's rooms. Most of the team has sleeping problems and get up frequently during the night time. That would wake you up and you need sleep." He told me and I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Optimus," I say with a yawn as I lay down on a cot that I dragged into his room from the old soldier barracks in the base. "Goodnight." I manage to get out before I basically pass out.

"Goodnight, mate," Optimus whispered, but it went unheard by my sleeping form.