23 - Lots of Emotionally Confusing Shit

All anyone could see was sand and blaster shots. The only thing you could do at this point was hope to hell that you shot the right guy and not your own. A corpse and a girl in a coma sat to the side of the battlefield. Three teenagers were in the midst of it and held the only thing that could bring the last Prime back to life and shake the girl of her coma.

"Everyone, protect Sam." A gruff shout came from a black clad Autobot in the field. They were all to late. Sam was on the ground, in cardiac arrest. Medics and soldiers rushed to him, trying to get him back.

"Samuel Witwicky, we have been watching you, for a very long time." Micronus led.

"You have fought for Optimus, our last descendent, with courage and with sacrifice. The virtues of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret. The Matrix of Leadership is not found, it is earned. Return now, to Optimus. Merge the Matrix with his spark. It is and always has been, your destiny." Prima finished and the Matrix was reborn from the dust.

The boy, revived only seconds before, plunged the Matrix into the Prime's spark. Both Optimus and the girl rose in sync.

"Boy, you returned for me." The Prime rasped. He was struck down by the Fallen and the Matrix was plucked from his chest, leaving him weak. The girl ran to him, despite her uncle shouting at her to stay back.

"Hey, we gotta kick some ass, can you do that?" She asks through the mental bond between them.

"I am still so weak-" He was cut off by Jetfire.

"Here, take my parts. Fulfill your destiny!" He shouted before ripping out his own spark for the prime.

The prime honored his sacrifice and took the parts, rising up better than before. He looked down to the girl at his feet and nodded to her. She transformed and rose in her new form. The two shared a look of good luck and caution before flying towards the pyramid. On top, the Fallen, Megatron, and the Energon Harvester stood. The harvester was blown from its place and the Matrix recovered by the Prime. A feral instinct overtook both the now Cybertronian Guard and the Prime. They tackled both decepticons off of the pyramid and into the sand below. The guard had ripped off Megatron's arm and threw him a good 500 yards away. The Prime had attacked the Fallen and cornered him near the buildings. He had the upper hand although the Fallen had ripped some of his parts from his form. The Prime turned the tables and pushed his opponent in between two walls, stabbed his face with his own staff, and then proceeded to rip off his face, leaving the Fallen dead. The Prime turned to face his sparkmate and was greeted with her beautiful face and her smile with it. They both seemed to calm from their Primal instinct and rage as they came together. The autobots surrounded the humans to keep them safe. They all knew that the two sparkmates were very mentally unstable right now and needed time to calm themselves.

"Don't you ever die again. Got it?" Y/n whispered through their bond. Optimus nods.

"I'll try my best love." He whispered back. She smiled and they reverted back to their normal forms. Optimus his normal size and y/n back into a human. They turned to look at the others and saw their cautious faces.

"What?" Y/n signed and they all relaxed.

"We did not know if you were stable yet or not. If you weren't, you would not have responded to us the way you did." Ratchet explained.

"Huh. Interesting." Y/n signed in reply. "So anyone want to tell me why we're in a damn desert?"

"Matrix of Leadership." Ironhide spoke up.

"Oh. So who was it bestowed upon?" She asked and Sam raised his hand. Apparently he knew sign language?

"That would be me. I died and the Primes said that I was a leader and all that then they turned it from dust back into the Matrix. Then told me to merge it with Optimus' spark." He explained and y/n nodded.

"Cheeky bastards, having all the fun without me." She signed and they smiled. "Wait, where are all the others?"

"We has some casualties in the fight. We lost the triplets, the twins, Jazz, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, and Bulkhead." Sideswipe stepped in dropping the mood.

"God, the kids are going to be heartbroken." She signed and the bots nodded.

"Alright, pack it up!" Lennox yelled to the soldiers and they went about their business.

"We have lost many today, but not in vain. The Fallen, Megatronus has been defeated. We will honor our fallen and continue to fight for what they gave their lives to attain, peace." Optimus said to his team. They all nodded or gave a verbal agreement.

All of them headed to the transports that landed at an airbase not too far from the pyramids. Once there, the bots loaded their fallen friends and boarded themselves. Everyone sat quietly, thinking to themselves. Y/n sat in Optimus' cab while they waited.

"What do we do next?" She asked him.

"We do what we've always done, we fight." Optimus replied.

"And after the fighting?" She counters.

"Hmm. That will be up to each individual. For us, I do not know." He answered and they both sat in a comfortable silence.