40 - Rise

As soon as I walked into the room, I felt several pairs of eyes on me. Not one of them made a sound as I looked at them. I approached the large being I met yesterday and held my hand out to them. In my human form, I was able to slip through the bars and get close to them. Our eyes met and they seemed to purr at my presence. My hand met the side of their face once again and they rubbed against it. I felt a pull in my mind and let it through. Their eyes turned from a dark red to a light green as a new link was tethered to my mind.

"Hello," I spoke.

"Who in Grimlock's head?" A voice asked.

"My name is Y/n. What is yours?" I asked.

"Name is Grimlock. You are Guardian?" They asked.

"Yes, I am a Guardian. Are those your friends?" I asked him, referring to the other Dinobots.

"Other Dinobots are Grimlock's brothers. Lockdown caged us." He said defeatedly.

"Would you like to be let out?" I asked.

"Yes please, Guardian." He pleaded.

"I will let you out, but only if you promise not to hurt the Autobots and the humans." I negotiated.

"Grimlock will not hurt Autobots and humans. Promise." He said and I nodded before walking out of his cage. I jumped up to the controls and opened the door for him. Since the hook holding his feet was still locked, I transformed and used my glaive to cut him down. Once I caught him and set him down, he stood up and looked down at me.

"Thank you, Guardian, now free brothers?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course," I responded and he almost bounded over to his Dinobot brothers and let them out. All four of them stood in front of me, expecting something.

"Why free us, Guardian?" Grimlock asked.

"Because I feel a connection with you, and it wouldn't be very Guardian-like of me to leave you all here to rot now would it?" I said and they all seemed to smile. "Come with me, we need your help."

The four Dinobots followed me as I led them off of the ship and onto the bright green grass. We got to Hong Kong about a half an hour ago and we crashed out in the country after getting shot down. After discovering that Joshua's prototypes had been infected by Megatron and they were in Hong Kong, we tried to help get the seed out of the city, but the ship was hit with a missile. Cade, Tessa, Shane, Bumblebee, and Hound were dumped off the ship and onto a building before we spiraled out of control. Optimus decided we may as well try and see if the Dinobots would help us, given they are the only other option. He wasn't going to give them a choice before I stepped in a told him I may have another way. Something about them drew me in, I don't know what but now that we have a bond, I think it was destined.

"Y/n, what the hell?!" Crosshairs shouted. I ignored him and turned to the Dinobots. That's when I noticed Grimlock's eyes had turned red again.

"Knight." Grimlock snarled at Optimus. He growled and roared at Optimus before transforming into a giant t-rex. Optimus had gone into the ship earlier and came out with a new sword and shield, making me believe that was the source of Grimlock's aggression. Both of them took defensive positions and circled each other.

"Grimlock, stop!" I shouted and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Knight threaten Dinobots, Knight enemy," Grimlock explained.