25 - Ranger and Pups

Ranger and I were tackled to the floor by a mass of children and pups. Dad was ambushed by them too but stood still as they climbed all over him. They all giggled and continued to crawl on us and sit on top of us.

"What are you goofballs doing?" I ask playfully over the pack bond. I get a series of giggles before they answer.

"We're thanking you for protecting the pack!" They all cheer and I chuckle.

"Well, you're welcome. It is my job to protect the lot of you." I tell them and they all give me smiles. The children and pups hopped off of us and ran back to their parents who were all laughing. The only one that stayed was little Leah, still in my Dad's arms. Optimus and Ratchet smile at them and we start to move through the house. The adults bowed their heads in thanks and I bowed mine back. We met up with my grandparents and uncles in the strategy room.

"It seems Leah is still quite attached to you Ron." Grandpa chuckles.

"I honestly don't know why she would like me of all people. But I can't complain." He said with a smile.

"So, how did they get in?" I ask. The four Alpha wolves bowed their heads.

"There was a hole in the patrols and the rogues found it before we did." Uncle Chris stepped up. I nodded and put my front paws on the table so I could see the patrol charts projected on the giant screen in the middle of it.

"Here." I said and pointed with a claw. "There's a five minute gap where there should be two minutes. Add a third patrol on this route and it will close the gap." I said still using the pack bond. I was scared that the bond would rupture on my shoulder if I shifted so I'll wait until we get home.

"This is why you should be the Alpha y/n. You're a natural." Tom remarked. I shook my head.

"No, these people deserve someone who can be there for them all the time. They also deserve someone better than me and they are you, the both of you." I said and looked at Tom and Chris. They smiled gently and I smiled back.

"Now that this has been solved, can I have some help?" I asked the other Alphas. They all nodded their heads and we ushered the cybertronians and Ranger outside. There we stood in a circle and put Optimus in the middle. He looked confused so I sent him some reassurance through our bond and he relaxed. My grandparents and my uncles shifted and we sat closer in a tight circle.

"Put your right arm out." I told Optimus through the bond and he did as I said. "This'll hurt just a tad, but it'll go away in a minute or so."

One by one, each of us stepped up and sank our canines into his wrist. The ritual calls for all living Alphas of the pack must break the skin of the right arm in order for an outsider to become one with the pack. I stepped up last and once I was done I lapped up the blood on his wrist to clean and heal the wound. I could feel and new tether form within the pack. It felt connected to my soul and a chorus of howls could be heard behind us. The pack had come to celebrate the new member. We broke the circle and the pups decided to tackle Optimus now. They're nuts, always tackling people.

"Can you feel it?" I asked him referring to the pack bond.

"Yes, it's like our bond but completely different at the same time." He said and I smiled. He stood still, smiling as the pups slowly retreated to their parents and friends.

"I think we should get going soon. I want to go home and sleep." I say and he nods in acknowledgment.

"Your shoulder needs time to heal." He said as we walked towards my dad and Ratchet.

"Time to leave?" Dad asked and I nodded. "Alright Leah I've got to go. Go find your fathers."

"Ok. Bye Uncle Hide, bye everybody." Leah said as she waved and walked away to find one of my uncles.