12 - Houston, We Have a Problem

After Optimus finished explaining the war and introduced everyone, we all drove to Sam's house. I had gone with Optimus on the way back and we talked about what we were going to do next. Ever since we had learned of Megatron's presence on Earth a couple centuries ago, we've been looking for the glasses and the other Decepticons.

The drive back had taken an hour and a half. I fell asleep halfway through it and stayed curled up on Optimus' shoulder after he transformed.

"Sam, please. We need the glasses quickly." I heard him say.

"Just give me five minutes," Sam said and ran into the house. I was fully awoken when Sam started yelling in frustration.

"Whadda hell?" I groaned and heard, even more, yelling as I got tossed back and forth.

"Hold on tightly. There has been a small problem." Optimus said. He had transformed and was screaming down the road after several black Suburbans.

"Well shit. I'm going to guess that Sam is in one of those?" I asked.

"Yes, he is. These people have taken Sam and Mikayla." He told me and slammed on the brakes as he transformed. He grabbed one of the cars and ripped the top off to reveal Sam and Mikayla.

Optimus put the car down and everyone got out. In the end, several people were handcuffed and one man was nearly naked. That's when things got bad. Helicopters showed up, Sam and Mikayla got kicked, caught, and captured. Bumblebee was also taken. There was nothing we could do but watch. I walked to the glasses that sat in the ground and picked them up.

"We will get them back (y/n). Don't worry." Dad said as he picked me up and sat me on his shoulder.

"I know," I mumbled and slid off my helmet. I went to wipe the sweat off my face but my hand came back red.

"Ratchet!" Was the last thing I heard.

~Time Skip~
"-only for a little bit. She's still a little unstable." I heard a voice above me.

"Understood." Said another. Then I felt something next to me and felt sparks shoot up my arm. I decided to open my eyes and was greeted by my wonderful mate, my dad, and Ratchet.

"She's awake!" Dad gasped and everyone bolted up.

"Uh hi?" I said a little confused. "What happened, where are we?"

"We're in Mission City kiddo," Dad said and his holoform appeared next to Optimus.

"Why?" I ask.

"You need to wake up first. Then we'll talk, alright?" Dad explained and I nodded. He walked out and Ratchet stepped forward.

"Do you mind if I do some tests now that you're awake?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah sure," I say quickly. I was really confused, why were we in Mission City. Mission City is in the middle of Arizona!

"Hey, it's alright. Calm down." Optimus said and squeezed my hand. I turn and look at him only to see past him. I saw his bipedal form laying on a medical berth and missing an arm.

"Oh my god! Why are you missing an arm?!" I gasp.

"What do you mean? I told you what happened yesterday." He said and pressed his forehead against mine.

"You sustained a major concussion and a hairline fracture to the skull. Not to mention that you lost your sight for three days." Ratchet said and flung his wrists about as he gathered some equipment.

"I what?" I questioned.

"You don't remember? You've been in and out of consciousness for about a week." Ratchet asked.