15 - The Break

The ship stopped rocking and my vision was blurry. All I could make out was the HUD of my helmet. I heard one distinct grunt of pain before Ratchet gasped. That's when I knew something happened so I got up onto my knees. What I saw was Optimus holding the right side of his face on the ground.

"(Y/n) I need you to call your sire and Magnus. Have them get to the base and come to these coordinates" Ratchet said as he rushed over to Optimus. I did as he said and commed my dad.

"Hey kid what's up?" He answered.

"We need your help now! Grab Magnus, get your ass to the base and come help us! Optimus is down and we can't carry him through a bridge." I yelled and hung up as I rushed over to the two bots on the ground.

"(Y/n) can you do anything to help him? The only thing I can do is knock him out." Ratchet asked.

"I can try." I say and raise my hands. They start to glow and a pale blue light swirls around Optimus.

I could feel his pain as his mate, but my power allows me to section off injuries into categories and treat it if possible

I could feel his pain as his mate, but my power allows me to section off injuries into categories and treat it if possible. I can separate it into symptoms, pain, and injury. Since this was a virus, the only thing I could do was relieve him of pain. "He's painless but I can't heal him. I'm goddamn useless."

"You're not useless. Pain is the worst part and you've helped him so much by taking it away. He may be in paralysis but not in pain." Ratchet said as the ground bridge opened several feet away. My dad and Magnus stepped through along with Bumblebee.

"Primus, what happened?" Dad asked.

"This is a plague ship and the virus is still active. Touch nothing but Optimus' arms understood?" Ratchet said and the three agreed. Bumblebee picked me up as Dad and Magnus picked up Optimus and dragged him through the ground bridge. They walked him over to the med bay and laid him on the table.

"Everyone back away now." Ratchet commanded and we all stood back as he started testing. I could feel my right eye blur in response to Optimus' symptoms. "Cybonic plague, engineered in decepticon laboratories by Megatron himself."

"There's a cure right?" Raf asked.

"The only way to know is to go through the decepticon database. Someone needs to go while we have their location." Ratchet said.

"We'll go. Bee, with me." Arcee said and went through the newly opened ground bridge with Bumblebee. Ratchet mumbled something over their com but I was too distracted to listen. My eye wasn't the only thing getting to me, I was starting to deteriorate with Optimus. Light headed, nauseous, and weakness rushed me in a giant wave and I collapsed to the floor.

"(Y/n)! What the hell?" Dad said and scooped me up.

"Optimus." I groaned and pointed towards him. Dad walked to the table and placed me next to him.

"I'm sorry." Optimus rasped weakly.

"Don't be. We do this together, until the end." I say and snuggle up to him. Us being closer helps but only so much. Optimus may be the one infected but it felt like I was as well.

"Arcee, are you- what?- impossible- cordical psychic patch- you must- forever." I heard. I knew I was wavering in and out of consciousness and so was Optimus, but there was nothing I could do so I just went to sleep. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

~Time Skip~
"We have the cure. Get out of there now!" I was woken up by yelling.

"What in the fuck." I groaned.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Dad asked and I groaned. "Not to well huh?"

"Everyone out, I need to concentrate." Ratchet said and everyone left.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"We have the cure. I just need to synthesize (is that the right word?) it." He said and began mixing certain things together and putting it in a giant centrifuge. After it stopped, he picked it up and put the new liquid in a syringe. The syringe was inserted into Optimus' neck cables and Ratchet pulled away.

"Can you feel it working?" He asked me and I nodded, slowly pushing myself off of the table.

"It's working. He might need a little rest before doing anything, but he feels fine." I say with my eyes closed. I still felt like I could take another nap but Optimus was going to wake up soon and I wanted to be there.

"Here, I don't want him to crush you on accident." Ratchet said and offered me a hand to lay on. I accepted it and climbed on as he brought me up to his shoulder. I curled up there and watched Optimus' chest rise and fall.

"He's quite handsome you know. I'm sorry about earlier, I was mad and I shouldn't have been. Seeing how much it hurts us when he is ill taught me just how important Optimus is." Gryphon said in my head.

"He's the world. He's everything. I will always do everything I can to save him before I let him die. I can feel the same in you even though you just met him." I say back.

"I feel like I've known him for centuries." She says and Optimus stirs before opening his eyes.

"Welcome back to the world of the living." I chuckle weakly.

"Glad to be back." Optimus groaned.

"Take it easy. You may be cured, but you're still extremely weak." Ratchet chastised and pushed him back down on his back.

"Best rest for a week." I say with a yawn. Ratchet looks down at me and chuckles.

"How about you both get some rest. As long as you stay in the house and relax you both can go there. The both of you aren't to lift anything heavier than 20 in human or holoform and nothing more than 50 in wolf or bipedal form got it?" Ratchet asked and we both nodded before he helped Optimus off of the table. The three of us walked out to the main room and everyone started clapping. We smiled and they started to celebrate while Ratchet started up the ground bridge. "Alright, come on. You are to lay your bipedal form down in a comfortable and healthy position before changing. No rough housing. And certainly no straining physical activities."

"Yes Mom." I laughed breathlessly and Ratchet huffed. He sat Optimus down in the giant ass garage so he was comfortable and left.

"Looks like it's just you and me." I smile.

"Yes it is. I'm sorry you were burdened with my illness. I was unable to help you in your time of weakness and for that I am also sorry." Optimus said sadly.

"Hey, listen to me. This wasn't your fault, it was Megatron's. Plus, like I said before, I'm with you until the end." I said and his holoform phases into existence. He sat down next to me and pulled me into a kiss.

"Thank you." He said as he pulled away and we settled in a hug.