45 - What Have You Become?

You know, when I got on this sub, I was expecting it to take us to land. I realized I was totally wrong as I watched the depth meter continue to sink. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of metal footsteps coming my way.

"Guardian, dinner is ready," Cogman said and I raised an eyebrow.

"I can't eat normal food Cogman, only food with energon in it." I signed to him.

"I know, I prepared a meal that has been catered for you." He said politely and I gave an impressed smile.

"Thank you." I signed and he nodded before leading me to the food.

Once I sat down, Viviane came in a minute later with different clothes on. There was cooked salmon on our plates and mine was a blue tinge that made me drool a little. Viviane looked at my plate and gagged.

"Why is it blue?" She asked, disgusted.

"The Guardian can only eat food infused with energon, the Cybertronian lifeblood," Cogman explained and I nodded in thanks and agreement.

"That's...Interesting. Thank you for the food Cogman." She said and Cogman nodded before excusing himself. Viviane sat down across from me and I followed suit.

"So, do you know where we're going?" She asked. I shook my head and wished I had my datapad that was left at the castle.

"Well, that's reassuring. What am I supposed to do after this? The police and the TRF have seen me with you." She groaned and put her face in her hands. I felt bad that she got brought into this unwillingly. I reached across the table and patted her arm, getting her attention.

"I will protect you." I signed and she just scrunched her eyebrows together.

"You what me?" She asked, only getting the pointing part. Then I pointed to myself, crossed my wrists, and then pointed to her slowly. "Protect? Is that what you're trying to say?"

I smiled widely and nodded my head. A small smile graced her face and her expression turned to one of contempt. "Thank you, but I wouldn't want to be a burden."

I shook my head and waved it off.

"So, you're married hmm? How long?" She asked, suddenly changing the subject.

I held up four fingers and she nodded.

"Years?" She asked and I nodded. "Wow, that's amazing. Do you have any children?"

I nodded and held up one finger. The smile that she had was filled with excitement and curiosity.

"Ladies, we are nearing the destination," Cogman said suddenly and I jumped a little. I smiled at Viviane, excusing myself and went to the front of the ship with Cogman. When I got there, another object in the water caught my eye. I cursed to myself and pointed at it. "Oh dear."

All of a sudden, we were going vertical. Viviane screamed behind me and I quickly slipped my foot through one of the rungs on the ceiling and flipped over to grab her. She clung to me and I held her so she wouldn't fall. As we leveled out, I held my footing until it was safe and let go of Viviane. I grabbed the rung, slipped my foot out, and landed on the floor silently. My eyes caught the massive structure outside so fast that I missed Viviane's immensely impressed expression. The structure was shaped like a ring and in the middle was a long spire that sank into the ground.

"Cogman, what is that?" I signed.

"I believe that's where we'll find the staff." He said simply and I nodded.

"Get ready to go. I'm going outside." I said and slipped into the torpedo tube that shot me outside. My hand caught the side of the sub and I transformed so I didn't have to breathe.