Jake

Elsa's POV

Jack walks into the house and I don't even bother to get up. I'm still laying on the couch, trying not to start crying again. Should I tell him?

That's the only thing on my mind right now. How would I tell him? It's been 7 years since I've had to explain the situation. I remember how hard it was to tell Anna. To even think about it makes me wanna feel sick.

"Els, you ok?" Jack walks into the living room and sets his bag down on a chair. I just stare up at the ceiling. I feel the tears in my eyes and try to blink them away.

"No," I say, barely a whisper. He walks up to me and sits on the floor. He takes my hand in his.

"Whats wrong?" There it is again. The same concern in his voice and features that Anna had. I take a deep breath.

"There's something I haven't told you. And to be completely honest, I'm not sure I would have ever told you if this hadn't happened." I sit up slowly and our faces are now close. Here we go, Elsa. This is it.

"I...I have a son." I say quietly. Jaks hand squeezes mind slightly. I don't think he notices he is. I stare into his eyes, try to see what he's gonna say. How he'll react.

"How old?" Is all he says. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

"7." He nods slowly.

"You were 18?" He asks.

"Please don't think I'm a slut or something I was... I..." Tears spill over and I let go of his hand, burying my face in my arms.

"I never did. I never will." He says and his strong arms wrap around me. I put my arms around his neck and cry into his shoulder. Just like with Anna.

"Who did it?" He says, almost angry. I shake my head slightly.

"I don't know. The police never found him. Dropped the case a few years ago. Didn't think they would find him." Jacks arms tighten around me.

"So...what happened. Why are you telling me this?" I pull away from him and his arms drop to my waist, still holding me.

"H-his adoptive p-parents got into a car accident. They're dead. H-he's being dropped off here tomorrow afternoon. He's gonna stay with me until they find him a place to stay." He nods.

"Whats his name?"

"Jake."

"Can't wait to meet him. When was the last time you saw him?"

"A few months ago. I'm an aunt to him."

"Are you going to tell him you're his mom?" I shake my head.

"I can't do that. He's known his adoptive family as just his family, me as just his aunt and not his mom. How could I tell him that his whole life was a lie?!" I shake my head and keep crying.

"It's ok. I understand. I'll help you with him if you want."

"Thanks. I think he'll like you. Assuming he'll even talk to anyone. I didn't when my parents died."

"Well, I'm glad you think so. How long will he be with you?"

"Don't know. He could be here for a few days or a few months. However long it takes to get him into a new adoptive house." Jack looks at me for a second before speaking again.

"Would you want to keep him? I mean, would you want to not have him go to another adoptive house? Stay with you....Be a family...?" I think about what he says. I won't deny that I've thought about it myself.

"I cant. With my job, I wouldn't be able to be here for him. I wouldn't be able to support him like a mother should. I would be a horrible mother. Its why I gave him up in the first place....no matter how hard it was to do so." I say the last part so quietly I could barely hear myself. But I have a feeling he still heard me. I stand up and walk away from him. He gets up and turns me around to look at him.