Number Please?

Jake's POV

The next morning

My mom and dad are gone. I miss them so much. Aunt Elsa has been really nice. She's going to take me to the park today and I don't have to go to school this week. She's gonna take off from work to stay with me.

"Hey, sweety you ready?" Aunty Elsa says, walking into my room. I take my coat and walk down the stairs with her, without saying anything. Uncle Jack is coming with us too. My Aunt says they aren't together but I think they are. They act really weird for "just friends"

"Alright, the park isn't too far away so we can just walk. You ok with that Jake?" Elsa says. I nod my head and she takes my hand as we start to walk. She talks with Uncle Jack as we walk, I just keep quiet. In about 10 minutes, we get to the park.

"What do you wanna do bud?" Uncle Jack asks.

"I don't know," I say quietly and shrug my shoulders.

"Do you wanna go play with the other kids?" My aunt asks.

"Sure." I walk over to the playground and see my friends.

"Hey, Jake!" My friend Jamie yells out to me and waves. I smile sadly and wave a bit.

"Whats wrong?" He asks when I get to him.

"My mom and dad...died," I say and his eyes get wide.

"What happened?"

"They got into a car accident."

"I'm sorry Jake. Where are you living?" He asks and we start walking around.

"I'm staying with my aunt and her boyfriend. They live a little bit away from here."

"Do you want to come over to my house to play? Sofire is at her friend's house so she won't bother us." I shake my head.

"I think my aunt wants me to stay with her. I can ask if you can come to her house though?" He smiles. Sure! I'll go ask my mom while you ask your aunt! Be right back!" He runs off and I walk back to the bench where Elsa and Jack are sitting.

"Hey, whats up?" My aunt asks.

"Can my friend Jamie come over to the house?"

"Of course! If its ok with his family." She says with a smile.

"Thank you," I say and walk back to where Jamie and I had been standing. A few seconds later, Jamie runs back and smiles.

"She said I can!"

"Ok, do you wanna go now or play here for a bit?" I ask and he shrugs.

"We can play here for a bit. Come on, wanna have a race?"

"Sure. But you know I'll beat you." I say with a small smile. This is helping, just forget about what happened. It will be ok.

"Ready!"

"Wait where are we running to?" I ask before we start.

"To your Aunt?" He asks pointing.

"Ok."

"ready!" He yells again.

"Set!" I yell.

"Go!" We both shout and bolt to my Aunt.

Elsa's POV

Jack and I are talking about random things while Jake is playing with his friend. I look over to find Jake and his friend running right at us.

"Umm, what are they doing?" I ask Jack.

He smirks.

"Looks like they're having a race. And you're the finish the line." He says.