Chapter Two:

Chapter Two:

I make my way to the cafeteria, feeling the slight annoyance that I will be (once again) surrounded by robots.

You're probably wondering why I call them robots?

It's because they all follow one simple rule: Fit In.

It's like they are programmed to do one thing, be one thing and admire one thing.

That annoys me, more than cold coffee and an empty fridge.

I sigh and hitch my bag higher on my shoulder.

I wonder where is Maggie, or Ashley? Where could they possibly be? We usually meet each other at my locker since Maggie is the only one who's locker is further away from the cafeteria, but they never came.

I try not to overthink it.

I hear loud laughing and talking in the (used to be) quiet halls, and in instinct I looked in the direction of the sound.

I wish I never did.

Great.

The football team, along with the cheerleaders, are heading towards the cafeteria doors and me, being the bitch I am, stopped in my tracks and gave them a disgusted look. I refuse to give them the satisfaction by swooning over them.

Another thing I can't stand, jocks and cheerleaders.

Yes, very cliché, but they are the sole reason why society is so messed up.

These "popular" beings are what everyone strives to be. Perfect body, perfect reputation, perfect "friends", when all it really is, is acting. They are the reason why everyone has such high standards for themselves instead of just being themselves.

I won't argue, some of them really are proud of their games and sports, but there is those who just use it to get their way with others.

Hunter James, the best football player (or so is told) is at the front, along with Tyler Busch and Stephanie Jennings, who's arm is wrapped around Tyler's waist while his arm was draped over her shoulders.

The perfect couple, the longest couple, or better said: The Popular Couple.

I roll my eyes internally at all the names they have in this school and watched as Hunter marched up to the doors.

He is one of the most handsome guys in our school, I'll admit, but I'll never even try to get his attention.

I am not that desperate.

He makes a very dramatic entrance by pushing open both doors and stepping in along with his team and the rest of the cheer-squat.

I start walking again, hearing my stomach growl in anticipation.

It's their fault.

After getting a tray of food, with fries and (happy happy) a burger, I make my way to the tables.

I am so happy that they serve burgers today, I am starving!

I make my way to a secluded table and plop down, making sure I don't spill my cola. I take a fry and prop it in my mouth, chewing happily.

"Julia!" I turn to glare at the victim who bellowed my name out for the world to know, only to see Maggie waving her arm at me.

I roll my eyes (again) and turn back to my food.

Okay, if she's here, I am sure Ashley can't be far. Where were they though?

Talk about rhetorical questions.

And I was right.

Ashley and Maggie sit down opposite me and Ashley smirks, "Happy that you got your food?" she laughs and I nod with a mouth full of food.

"I am so excited for this party! -"

And I zone out, taking a bite from my burger and almost moaning in satisfaction.

I take a sip of my cola and reach for a fry, only to see, in total shock, it being snatched from my tray by someone else's hand.

I stare at the spot where the fry was in utter disbelief.

Did it just...what?

I turn my head to my right, where the hand came from and I come face to face with the one and only: Hunter James.

I watch him as he brings the, no, MY, fry up to his mouth.

I narrow my eyes at him.

He chews, swallows, and then looks at me. He has the nerves to smirk! The scowl never leaves my face.

How. Dare. He.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, takes my food, eats it, and think they can get away with it. Everyone knows that.

Maggie and Ashley watched wide-eyed as Hunter reach out his hand towards me, "Hi, I don't believe we met before," no we haven't, but I know you, "I'm Hunter." I know.

I look down at his outstretched hand, then back at him.

I narrow my eyes at him. He takes his hand back awkwardly.

That's it.

Now, how about you retreat fully? Back to where you crawled out off.

He stays silent for a moment and scratches the back of his neck, "Listen-"

No? Okay, fine.

I'll move.

I grab my tray, stand up and leave the cafeteria, that went silent after I cut him off by standing up.

As soon as I leave the cafeteria the gossiping whispers and mutters follows me out.

Typical.

I grab my burger and cola then dump my tray in the bin.

Never leave good food behind.

I take another bite from the burger and sip from the cola.

It refreshes me.

I hear the cafeteria doors open and footsteps behind me.

"Julia! Wait!" I turn around to Maggie and Ashley who stops next to me, "You didn't have to be so dramatic about it. He is literally dumbfounded, and this is the very first time a boy, other than Aiden, tries to even talk to you."

"Okay, fine. We know, you don't want to get attached again or want to talk anyone associated with Aiden, but Hunter and Aiden weren't even friends to begin with. Just because he is popular doesn't mean they are friends. " Ashley explains in one breath and I give her an "are-you-serious?" look.

She looks away from me and Maggie sighs.

Ashley kind off liked Hunter for a long time, but she won't admit it out loud.

Me, being the great investigator I am, got hold of her dairy.

So, I knew the reason why she would try to stand up for him.

"Come on, let's finish our lunch and get our books," she breaks the silence and I nod in agreement.

I munch happily on my half-eaten burger and drink the last of my cola.

I am pleased that I didn't even have to say a word for them to understand me.

It just proves that they don't hate me like everyone else.

Or like yourself.

_________

Hey guysssss, do you think Hunter will give up? Ask for forgiveness? Tell her a lie? Buy her food (~-•) ya know, for eating hers?

I think this is going pretty well! But let me know? Yay?

The way I picture Julia attached.

(Nayyyyy)

(Edited)