Chapter Seven:

Chapter Seven:

I peek at him and start, "Do you know Aiden?" He nods and frowns.

He doesn't seem so happy with the mention of his name, and it honestly makes me happy.

"We dated up until three months ago. We've been together for eight months and he knew things about me that no one else knew. He visited my house, found out about my personal life and," I stop for a moment, "told Amanda about it."

I could feel the tears, but I swallowed them down, "Amanda was one of my best friends once, in middle school, but when Aiden started dating me, she was furious. She loved him even before I did." I look at him, "He still wants me." I sigh, "And he thinks I still want him since I haven't moved on yet." My eyes meet his and it feels like they're sucking me in.

Those soft hazel eyes.

"Julia, what does he know?" His question gives me a sinking feeling.

Aiden wanted to know everything, and I was gullible enough to tell him.

To show him.

"My history, where I came from, who I am..." my eyes leaves his and I look at a child who's holding his father's hand.

He is probably four or five.

Still very young.

I abruptly stand up, I want to leave, but Hunter's hand grabs my upper arm.

I whip my head to look at him, my loose strands hitting my face softly.

His expression is enough to make me sit down again.

"Don't run. Please, not anymore. I need to know," he pleads, "I have this feeling that urges me to know you, protect you. Julia, you're strong, but you can't be strong alone all the time," his words slips from his tongue like it's water.

So easily said.

"Hunter," My voice is soft and shaky, "My entire life I had been running. I ran from my past, my family and most of all, myself. I don't want anyone close to me," I feel his hand rest on my thigh and look at him.

He hasn't even looked away from me once.

Those mesmerizing eyes.

The heat on my thigh is a distraction.

I haven't felt affection ever since Aiden.

"Julia," he strokes a strand of hair out of my face, "you're so beautiful."

His words surprise me.

I look at him with my eyes wide and my body completely still.

No one ever called me beautiful before, hot, and sexy was the best compliments I ever got from boyfriends and drunk retards.

He stands up and pulls me up along with him.

The sun is low, but not setting.

It was late and I haven't even realised it.

I look down at his hand that was holding mine.

"Can I walk you home?" He watches me closely and I nod.

Not even realising my mistake.

Fuck.

Hunter what are you doing to me?

We start walking and my brain is thinking of any excuse that I can give him before he asks for my address.

I just couldn't come up with a good enough excuse.

I don't want him to know!

"Turn down here," I lie quickly, pointing down the right side off the road where mansions and fancy houses decorates the side of the road.

I have an idea.

He turns and we walk further down.

In front of a white house, I stop, "Here we are," I smile skilfully, and he looks at the white house.

He seems suspicious about my too big smile.

"Okay, is the family home?"

Why the hell would he ask that?!

"No, they work late," he nods his head and smiles.

"Good night, Julia."

I watch his retreating back, and after I am sure he is gone I make my way back home.

I won't make the same mistake.
I won't get hurt again.

I will not give someone else the opportunity to use my family against me.

I won't.

{~~~~~}

Tadaaaaa!!! New chappy ^.^
Excited for this, she is so amazing in her own little way...please don't hate me for the shortness of the chapter!

(Edited.)