Chapter Thirty-Seven:

We're all seated around the dining table gushing over the 3D ultra-sound pictures.

You can see the cheeks and lips that is pouting.

Her little fists are next to her head, and it truly does look unbelievable.

"She's big." Bianca points out while munching on an apple.

Tyler grins and kisses Steph on the cheek.

A proud father that one.

"The doctor said she is very healthy, even after that stress I had six weeks ago." Steph explains with such a loving smile.

I feel the guilt again.

"I am sorry..." I apologize like the other tenth millionth times when they bring it up.

It has been six weeks after Prom, six weeks after I have been kidnapped and six weeks that we have been Aiden and Amanda free.

"It's fine!" She laughs and grabs hold of my hand, "It wasn't your fault."

She turns to the others, but doesn't let go of my hand, "The baby might be here in two months' time. She weighs almost 2 kg, which is very healthy for a baby." She gushes again and everyone is paying attention.

I look at Hunter who suddenly jumps up after looking at something on his phone.

Surprise is written all over his face.

I frown in confusion and stand up from my seat as well.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask slowly and take a step closer to him.

He turns to look at me and grabs my hand.

"Jules...my parents," he stops to look at everyone, "they're on their way back home."

____________________________________

Hunter always keeps the place neat and tidy.

So, I couldn't understand why he's being a nervous wreck.

Maybe he is afraid that they might not like me?

I squeeze his hand and he look down at me, "Why are you so nervous?" I ask straight forward, and he looks at Stephanie.

"I am afraid for what their reaction might be when they find out about Steph's pregnancy." He finally let out and sinks down in the nearest chair.

"They won't kick her out, nor will they be like her parents, but I am not sure what to expect from them. Tyler is like my brother I never had, he is part of the family and so is Stephanie. My mother loves them," I could see the struggle he has.

I sit down on his lap and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Stop it," I order, "we will take it as it comes."

After my words slipped out, we all hear the front door open.

I quickly jump up from his lap and compose myself.

Bianca straightens herself up and throw away the core of the apple in the bin.

We all stand quietly, hearing voices talking to each other getting closer.

Hunter stands up and grabs my hand, I peek at him and I see a small smile forming on his lips.

"Why is the house so quiet?" I hear a woman's voice and man's laughter.

"You would never guess that a few teenagers live here. Look how tidy this place is!" He exclaims with a laugh.

I smile.

They sound like nice people.

Two people joined us in the kitchen.

A woman with dark hair like Hunter's, but her eyes are brown, and a man with brown hair and hazel eyes like Hunter's.

I could see they were aging, but they were still at life like two young adults.

"Mom, Dad, welcome home."

The woman looks down at our entwined hands and then her eyes meet mine.

At first, I was afraid of what her next move would be, but instead of glaring at me...she smiles.

(Edited.)

Hunter's Mom

Hunter's Mom

Hunter's Dad

Hunter's Dad