Chapter Twenty-Seven:

It's Thursday.

I haven't been to school up until now.

My parents understood my crisis and didn't force me to go to school.

Instead, they tried to let me forget about everything.

They really are proving themselves to be better parents than they have been.

We played board games and card games and I enjoyed their company.

For once in decades, I felt like I had a normal family.

My parents didn't argue or fight and we laughed most of the time.

My mum even showed us their marriage video.

She looked beautiful, like a real princess.

The only difference between a real bride and my mum, was my mother had a baby bump, but she looked happy.

They both did.

Better than the marriage picture I had drawn of them.

"Julia, the school called," my mum says when I sit down at the dining table that morning, "they wanted to know if you are alright. I told them you'll be okay and that you're just going through a hard time," she turns to face me after preparing her coffee, "but you have to go school tomorrow. Just to catch up on the latest work, and if you feel like you can't handle it then I'll come to fetch you."

I know that I must go to school sometime.

Steph and Bianca are worried sick, and I can't let Steph stress too much because of her pregnancy.

I nod my head and my mum smiles softly.

__________________________________

My alarm went off and I groan. I am so going to miss sleeping in, but at least it's Friday.

I stand up and open my closet.

I am not exactly sure what I want to wear, but I don't feel like wearing something to impress anybody.

I just want to get this day over with and even though I wanted Hunter to notice me, I know that he won't.

He isn't even worried.

I make my way to the kitchen after I got ready.

"Morning sugar!" My dad smiles and a smile form on my lips when I see their entwined hands.

"Morning daddy," I grab an apple and give them each a kiss on the cheek, "See you later!" My mom looks at the apple with a frown.

She doesn't approve on the breakfast, "I'll eat something better for lunch, I promise." I give her a smile.

I am not planning on telling Steph or Bianca that I am going to school, but when the first robot sees me walking through those doors, everyone will know.

So instead of calling either of them for a lift I decide on walking to school.

It wasn't a big deal; I did skip a few jogging sessions so I might as well catch up by walking.

___________________________________

I walk up the steps of the school building and push the door open.

I was expecting something cliché, like everyone's heads turning to face me, but nothing happened.

I felt relief.

This is the first time that high school doesn't do something dramatic, but the thought was barely cold when someone threw a ball of paper my way and laughed it off.

I ignore it and reach my locker.

Thankfully there was no Hunter, or anyone for that matter.

I open my locker, and something falls out.

It's a small paper that was folded. I stare at it for a moment, debating if it is hated mail or probably a mistake for being in my locker.

I reach for it.

It isn't a mistake; my name is scrawled on the front.

So, it must be hated mail.

I open it slowly.

The handwriting seems familiar.

"Julia, I know you're going through a hard time. I swear to make everything better when you give me a second chance. Maybe I can be better at it than Hunter? Please, I miss you...
~BadBoy"

__________________________________

(Edited.)