Chapter Four:

Chapter Four:

I look up at the small wooden house in front of me.

It wasn't that small.

Two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen and a living room isn't that small.

It's comfy and live able.

Well, the house, not the family.

My parents got me at a too young age.

They thought that losing their virginity at Prom would be the greatest thing ever, only to end up with a baby on the way.

That baby being me.

My mother was barely eighteen and my dad was.

My mother was the popular cheerleader, and my dad was the best football player, see my point?

That's why I hate popular people, they are only ruining their lives into trying to fit in. They do not even realise that they are ruining other people's lives too.

When my grandparents found out about my mum's pregnancy, my grandfather made sure that my dad knew.

He called my dad's parents and made sure that my dad would take care of me and my mother emotionally and financially.

My dad had the privilege to study sooner, but my mum had to wait till after birth, meaning her life was miserable. She had a dream of becoming a doctor, but instead she had to be a housewife.

They had a lot of arguments, my father believing at first that I wasn't his child and wanted DNA tests.

It wasn't until I was born that he realized that I was his child.

Till this day he calls my mother a slut and they don't get along much.

She apparently "ruined" his life.

In my opinion, they ruined each other's life.

My parents tried giving me the best my entire life.

I might not have it like most pretty girls in high school, make up, perfect clothes and perfect shoes, but I had enough.

I have them.

They never blame me for anything.

My grandmother died of old age when I was eight and my grandfather is still disappointed in my mum.

He despises my dad but loves me dearly.

He barely visits us.

He said I can ask him for anything, and that it's not my fault for my parents' troubles.

It's their own.

I appreciate my grandfather, and love him very much, but I really hope that one day everything will be okay.

And not this never-ending war.

You see, the worst part about having young parents and an average life, is knowing that your parents aren't happy.

They fight a lot.

They are not in love; they are only together until I move out.

Which is soon.

I hope.

They don't want me to know, but living with them trying to avoid each other, they don't hide paperwork very well.

I step onto the porch and walk softly to the wooden door.

I press my ear to the door and feel my heart race slightly.

I know what to expect.

"What do you mean it's my fault?!" I close my eyes at hearing my dad's loud voice, "You're the one who wore that skimpy tight dress to Prom! If you only had more self-confidence than you wouldn't have looked like a cheap hooker!" I hear my mum's gasp and I feel my eyes burn of threatening tears that wants to fall.

Whenever he insults her, it feels like he is insulting me.

Whenever he blames her, it feels like he is blaming me.

Instead, I just swallow and keep a brave face.

"No!" My mom sobs out, "I wasn't the one who didn't bring protection! You were supposed to! And who spiked my drink? The one and only fucking Dan!" my mum explodes, and I take a shaky breath.

They think I don't know about their unhappiness or their fights, but I found out at the age of twelve.

Grandpa told me.

They keep a fake happy smile on their faces when I am around, and I hate that.

The only thing I crave from my parents is an open relationship.

"Ann-" I didn't want him to insult my mum anymore, so I push open the door and step loudly inside.

Immediately their voices quiet down.

I hear running footsteps.

"Mum! Dad! I am home!" I holler through the house.

I turn my head to the living room and my eyes lands on Dad who is just sitting down.

Mum is nowhere to be seen, but I didn't miss the click of the bathroom door shutting.

"Hello, sweetie." My dad smiles at me again, but it doesn't reach his eyes and my heart aches. I never saw their smiles being true and I wish I had at least once.

I sigh and make my way to my room, not bothering to ask what's wrong. All I want is to keep my family happy. They are terrible at faking things and to be honest I blame myself for their mess.

If I was never born, if I was never here than their lives would be different.

I just want a normal life.

With normal parents.

If there is such a thing._________~~~~~~_______

Heyyyy!!! There is our little Julia's secret! I hate to make her life a miserable wreck, but that's all part of my plan!

Make things happen and keep on reading!

(Edited.)