Chapter Seventeen:

Chapter Seventeen:

"Your father forced me into marrying you, Anne! If I had my way, I would probably be with a blond bomb right now!" My young father yells.

The 2-year-old me looked at my parents with big eyes.

Why are they fighting?

I didn't do something wrong.

My little mind couldn't comprehend why my parents could ever be unhappy.

They yelled at each other, insulted each other and my mother cried for an entire hour.

They thought I was asleep.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Bianca dropped her bag next to me, where I was relaxing in the shade of a tree.

I was drawing an image that was left in my memories for a very long time now.

It was drawn from a point of view of a child, who was peeking around the corner at two adults who were fighting.

They were drawn with a lot of effects, the male figure has his finger pointing at the female figure, and she has her arms crossed and her face is streaked with tears.

"What are you drawing?" She asks and makes a sad face when she looks at it, "It looks so sad." I shrug and close my drawing book.

"Just a picture I saw somewhere." I smile at her, and she grins at me.

"Guess what?" She asks and makes an excited face at her words.

I frown and she carries on, "A carnival has arrived in town! It's so exciting because we'll get to do everything there."

I smile and nod my head; I wonder if my parents would like to get out of the house.

They never leave the house except for work.

"And..." She smirks, "it's a chance to see what Hunter can do! I am sure he'd love to prove that he can be a real boyfriend." She smiles brightly and I laugh.

"No," I shake my head, "I am done with real boyfriends, B." I sigh, "Mr. Bad Boy had done enough to hurt me." I look down at the drawing book.

She looks sad and sighs as well.

We both stare at the school building, and I let out a shaky breath.

"B?" I whisper, and she hums a response, "Can I share something deep with you?" She looks taken back.

Even I was.

"Yes, of course. We're friends now," she smiles, and I look down at my sketch pad.

I open it on the first page, that is off a couple.

My mum and dad.

I drew it from their wedding photos.

"This is my mum and dad on their wedding day." I let out another breath, "I never shared this story with anyone after what happened at that party with my so-called friends and Amanda," she nods her head and looks at the picture.

The woman didn't look happy, she had a pregnant belly and the man didn't seem happy either.

"My mum and dad were in a forced marriage. By my granddad. My mother had gotten pregnant with me at the age of 18 after Prom with my dad. They are only together for my sake. They fight and argue every day, and I will not mention all the insults that they had given each other. It's hard being in a household that fights 99% of the time." I sniff as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

All their fights that I had witnessed flashes through my mind.

The recent one is still the worst.

"I always wanted a normal family, a normal life. They always think that I am asleep or away when they fight, but I know very well about the fights. Only my grandfather knows that I know about them." I pause, just to get my voice under control, "Their recent fight wasn't the ones I was used to. They didn't stop when I enter the house and my dad raised his hands for the very first time at my mother."

I had given her my sketch book and by every picture she saw, her brown eyes watered more.

Every picture was drawn with effect.

I started drawing at the age of six and by nine I had mastered it.

"It was only a matter of time before emotional abuse turned to physical. I am scared to tell my grandfather for what he might do, but I know that my dad lives with regret for what he had done." The memory of him sitting with his head in his hands returns.

"Everyone thinks I am being abused, or whatever. I just hate sympathy and that's why I never talk to the school about it. Not even Hunter or Steph or Tyler knows. And I want to keep it that way, B." I look at her and she grabs my hand.

"I won't tell them, I promise," she smiles.

Sorry I took so long guys, Wattpad was giving me some trouble but I am back!!! Whoop whoop!!

(Edited.)