Chapter Thirty-Three:

The room is scattered with different colours and different people.

Music is playing and people were talking, so the room was rather loud.

I lean close to Hunter, searching for the warmth and comfort he provides to me.

He drapes his arm over my shoulders, and I sigh a sigh of relief.

"Any sign of Aiden?!" I hear Tyler ask Hunter over the loud noise.

Hunter shakes his head, his eyes still scanning the area.

"Julia, I want you to stay close to Steph and Bianca when you can't find me or Hunter. Do not leave the building!" I nod my head and that's when I spot something from the corner of my eye.

Amanda.

Her tight sparkly purple dress isn't hard to miss, and her cleavage either.

She's staring right at me, a twisted expression on her face.

I feel my chest tighten, Aiden's threat that his gang is after me suddenly feels very real.

Of course, every fairy tale has its villains.

"Hunter..." I pull on his arm and he lean down to listen to me, "there."

I nod my head to where she is standing.

He grabs my waist and pulls me closer, if possible, lowering his lips till I feel his breath against my ear.

Goosebumps forms all over my body and I bite my lip when he speaks.

"Whatever happens tonight, I want you close to me. I can't afford to lose you again; you are really everything I ever wanted." I nod my head and I feel him kiss my neck.

His words echo in my head, and it feels like my heart will explode with excitement.

I don't want to lose him either.

I look up at him and smile.

He really likes me...

_________________________________

It has been an entire while and I danced with Hunter about three times, Tyler took me for a dance and Bianca and Steph as well!

I am exhausted!

I didn't keep track off the time and I wish I did.

I am now seated at our table, trying to ignore the aching that the high heels cause me.

I watch Tyler and Steph arguing about her having too much cake and laugh slightly.

How can she have so much energy for a pregnant lady?

Bianca was with some guy and Hunter was talking with someone.

I don't know the guy, but they seem in a serious conversation.

I wish we could just have some time alone.

Just him and I, not here, in his room.

In private where we can talk, make love, and talk some more.

Blissful happiness with my favourite guy.

I sigh and stand up.

I need some fresh air.

I make my way to the front doors and step out in the cool breeze.

Taking in a breath and letting it out.

It feels like I have forgotten something.

The night has been so busy I am not sure what it is.

"Well, well," I stop breathing and stand completely still, "I was wondering when you were leaving your gang." Amanda chuckles and stands in front of me.

She crosses her arms under her breasts and pushes her hip out.

"Why are you still after me? I left Aiden and he took you back! He doesn't want me. You are his queen, his everything!" I glare at her and then lower my gaze.

"Let me have a normal life with someone I love."

She burst out laughing. "You are so naive!" She laughs even more. "Love? You are incapable of even being loved." I stare at her.

"What do you mean?"

A smirk forms on her face.

"Remember that girl that Hunter fell for after you?" I feel a knot in my stomach, "He talked to her while Tyler was dancing with you. He isn't over her."

I try not think about it.

"Just like Aiden, he will replace you."

"Why are you like this, Amanda? Why are you trying to destroy my life?" I ask, feeling the tears at the back of my throat.

"I didn't ask for it."

My voice is tight.

"You just don't get it." Her eyes harden.

"Everyone admired you. I got bigger boobs and fake hair just so that I can have the spotlight!" She exclaims, "But you still got it, even after you threw it away. You still got Aiden, the big group of friends. Even now you got Hunter!"

She takes a step closer.

"I have to get rid of you in order to get what I want."

I feel a hard whack at the back of my head and blackness overwhelms me.

Dammit, I should've listened to Tyler...now I remember. 

___________________________________

(Edited.)