Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Packing away my books after third period for lunch, I think about the letter.

It's from Aiden, I know his handwriting anywhere, but is he released from the hospital?

I have been absent for a long time and the only way I am updated on the news around here, is the rumours.

I stop before heading to the cafeteria and think things over.

Everyone already knows I am back, and after tripping the first cheerbitcher, everyone is already scared of me again.

It's back to normal.

Everything, except for Maggie and Ashley.

This time, instead of having backup, I am completely alone.

I sigh deeply and walk to the cafeteria doors.

Fuck everything and everyone.

I am not a typical scared girl who runs and hide when her new "boyfriend" cheats on her.

He wasn't even my real boyfriend!

He was just a...a... a cover up!

I wasn't supposed to catch feelings and I'll pretend that I didn't.

I nod my head firmly at that thought and shove the doors open.

The cafeteria didn't go quiet, instead everyone pretended they didn't see me, like old times.

My eyes scans over every table.

I see the football table where Hunter is seated with the new blond girl next to him, and Tyler and Steph are also there, next to them are Bianca. She was leaning on the shoulder of a dark-haired guy who seemed really happy to have her.

Wow, did I miss that much?

Scanning past their table my eyes lands on Amanda's table.

A smirk forms on my lips as I start making my way to their table.

Aiden is seated alone at one side, Amanda is at the head of the table, she wants to grab his hand now and then, but he keeps pulling away.

I didn't think this through, but it's too late now.

I stop in front of their table and feel my heart rate pick up.

You are a very, very dumb bitch, Julia.

"Hey, baby," I grin and slip in next to Aiden, grabbing his hand in mine, "I missed you." His face lightens up when he sees me, and the entire table went quiet.

Clearly, I surprised everyone and I am disappointed in myself for even allowing myself to go back to this toxic asshole.

I peek over my shoulder and see Steph's eyes wide, Tyler's jaw dropped and Bianca's confused frown.

Hunter's expression was the most fascinating one of them all.

His face was grim, and his eyes were furious.

Very interesting, Hunter.

You forgot that I can also play games.
___________________________________

"What the fuck, Julia?!" Hunter's voice echoes through the empty halls and I shove the last books in my locker.

"What?" I ask slamming the locker louder shut then usual and locking it before I turn to face him.

He's leaning on his arm that was resting on the lockers next to mine.

Anger is fuming from him.

"You were gone for three days and when you return, you're dating the guy who ruined your life?" His voice was dangerously angry, and I feel anger rumble through my body as well.

"Yeah, because a guy who I thought I could trust ruined my heart," I growl and turn to leave when he grabs my arm.

"Seriously? Julia, you used me." His hazel eyes are glaring at me, "To get over your ex. You broke me before we even really dated," his eyes are sad now, and it felt weird to look into the sad hazel eyes.

I miss the warm ones.

"You can't possibly make this about you when you are the one who used me!"

"Hunter. I fell for you, and hard. I thought you noticed it..." I trail off and feel the tears overwhelm me.

"But I didn't! Why did you go back to him? You could've told me!" I hear a little jealousy in his voice, and I draw in a shaky breath before getting out a sarcastic comment.

"Don't get jealous, booboo. You lost your chance when you ran into her arms," I rip away from him and make my way to the door.

Not looking back.

"You'll regret that decision, Julia Roberto!" He yells after me.

(Edited.)