Chapter Thirty-Nine:

We're all seated in the hospital's waiting room.

Me, Hunter, Bianca, my parents, and Hunter's parents.

Even my grandfather was!

In three months', time we have all gotten close, like family.

We have all gotten along and my grandpa decided to stay longer than he intended.

He missed us all very much, even though he won't admit it.

I guess I got that from him.

Stephanie went into labour this morning at 3:00 am.

It's so fucking early, but the baby decided that she wants to say hello.

This has put me off from getting children to be honest.

Not just losing sleep, but the terrifying screams Stephanie had let out while waiting five minutes for a doctor to actually help her.

Tyler was in all panic mode and Stephanie was calmer than him, even though her pain.

My parents refused to not come since they believe Stephanie is a part of our family now.

I am pretty sure the nurses were more shocked to see 10 people rushing into the hospital with one girl in labour, than to see a nineteen-year-old having a baby.

Tyler's in the labour room with Stephanie, so the rest of us just sat in silence...in our pyjamas.

Except for Hunter, he doesn't sleep in pyjamas.

He sleeps in an Adidas sweatpants and a T-shirt.

Sometimes in boxers.

Without a shirt.

Letting his perfect abs show...

Julia why are you thinking of Hunter in a situation like this?

Right.

It has already been 45 minutes, but there's still no sign of Tyler nor the doctor.

I know that birth can take long, but what if something went wrong?

My mother told me that she has been with contraction pains for two weeks straight and the actual birth took two hours.

Hunter's mom said that she was in labour for three hours because something went wrong during the labour process, hence why he is an only child.

I shake my head to get rid of that idea and grab Hunter's hand.

Almost immediately I feel calmer.

I will always enjoy his presence; it brings a sense of calmness over me.

I lean my head on his shoulder and he leans his head on top of mine.

I smile softly.

I think we were waiting for 20 minutes more when Tyler finally came out.

He has a bundle wrapped in pink in his arms.

He's smiling while looking down at it.

That was way faster than two hours.

Maybe I have the time wrong?

"Guys," he looks up, the same smile on his lips, "meet Gabby."

We all stand up at the same time and rush over to him.

We stand in a circle around him to get a good view at her.

"Gabriela Sandra Busch." He says with so much love.

She has a chubby face, meaning she is very healthy, and her eyes are blue, like her parents'.

They look at each one of us, taking us in.

I am surprised that a new-born baby's eyes are already open.

Aren't they like, always sleeping or something?

Why didn't hear her cry?

I try once again to look for a clock, but once again I don't find any.

"She's beautiful." Hunter's mother, Valery, whispers, taking the baby girl in.

Gabby's cheeks were red and so small.

"Is Steph okay?" I ask, looking up at Tyler.

He nods his head, "She's perfectly fine. She just needs to rest." His face has a slight paleness to it, even though his cheeks is red from the joy.

"I just don't ever want to relive what had happen in that room." He shudders.

"A woman always needs her rest," my grandfather speaks for the first time, his grey eyes meeting my mother's.

She smiles at him, and he pulls his daughter closer, giving her a small peck on her forehead.

"And yes, no man wants to relive that moment. I still have no idea why women would go through that." He shakes his head, and the women laughs.

Tyler stays out for five minutes more before heading back to Stephanie.

My parents take Bianca and my grandpa home, while I stayed the night at Hunter's.

The drive was short, and I could feel myself falling asleep a few times.

We're currently cuddling on his bed, watching our series that we started watching together.

"We should probably sleep," I murmur, and I feel him nod against the top of my head.

I close my eyes and that's when I feel his hand resting under my shirt on my tummy, "Hunter." I warn.

"I won't do anything!" He covers himself and I just hum in response, snuggling closer to him.

I dosed off before Hunter with a thought in my head.

I fell asleep at the hospital, that's why the birth felt so short.

(Edited.)

Julia's Grandpa

Julia's Grandpa