Chapter Eighteen:

Chapter Eighteen:

The carnival is beautiful.

It has a big Ferris wheel and lots of food stands, there's a roller blade ring and a skateboard ring as well.

It looks great!

It's a fantastic way to attract teens and young people.

I am standing next to Hunter, who is holding my hand.

It surprises me when I realize that we have been holding hands ever since we arrived, and it surprises me even more to realize that I didn't want him to let go.

Steph and Tyler didn't wait on them and was already through half the game stands.

I just shake my head at them, and to think a few weeks ago I thought they hated me, well now I can be honest and say that they are close friends.

Hunter pulls me along with him to the nearest stand.

I look at all the prices that can be won and my eyes lands on a huge unicorn stuff toy.

I smirk.

"I bet you can't win that unicorn," I challenge.

It was a simple game, but hard to play.

You must shoot the alien card boards that pops up behind a cardboard galaxy.

He gives me a sly grin and calls the guy over, "My girl over here just gave me a challenge," he says, "and I'd like to prove her wrong."

My heart flutters when he introduced me as his girl.

The guy looks at me, stretches out his open palm and Hunter drops a few coins in it.

He takes hold of the plastic green gun and points; the first alien pops up and he shoots.

It didn't miss.

Not by a chance.

It's obvious that he knows what he is doing, he probably played it a lot.

But I still got a curious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I think back to when I told him that he can't be any trouble.

The way his face darkened, and his smile disappeared.

I have seen those signs before.

The face changing, the handling with a gun...Aiden had the exact same signs, and he is part of a gang.

A horrible gang.

No, he is too sweet for any mischief, he is probably just good at the game, not the gun.

Right?

But even trying to convince myself was hard.

Maybe I am wrong, but I hope that I am right.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy guysss!!! Here is chapter...uhm...geez I took so long that I can't even remember what chapter this is! 😑

(Edit.)