Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

I come out of Percy's Ice Cream and make my way to a bench right in front of the big window that has a friendly ice cream picture on it.

This is my favourite ice cream place in my neighbourhood, and I always come here every Friday after school.

I close my eyes and open them again, bringing my hand up and taking a lick from my vanilla ice cream.

The scratch marks of Amanda's attack catch my eyes.

It's red, swollen a little and there's four deep holes where her nails had dug in and then it stretches out.

Like cat claw marks.

I look away from my bruise and stare at the passing cars, trying to catch a green car.

I remember that my dad and I use to play this game all the time, and the one who won got the most expensive ice cream.

You can only win if you spot more than five green cars.

I didn't bother to look up when someone sits down next to me.

Their shadow, that I could see from the corner of my eye, is that of a man.

Big body and short hair.

If not, then it is most likely to be a woman body builder.

Or lesbian. No hate!

I didn't want to have a chat with someone.

I am still not in a good mood after yesterday's attack.

I look at the person from the corner of my eye and almost flinch.

Why is this world so cruel?

I need to get that restraining order quick.

"Julia?" I sigh and peek at Hunter.

I guess if I am not getting rid of him, maybe I should try to get use to him.

But I will be careful, I am not making the same mistake that I made with Aiden.

"What do you want, Hunter?" my eyes follows one of the green cars.

One.

"I want to talk to you. I've seen you here a couple of times before and I guessed that I might see you today," I snort and look at him.

"Stalking me now, James?" I smirk when I see his eyes widening.

Sweet.

"No! No, of course not! Percy's Ice Cream is my favourite ice cream shop here. I enjoy it here." I am shocked.

Hunter likes this place as well.

I almost smile. "Really?" I ask slowly.

"Yes, really." He looks away from me at the passing cars, "I have been visiting this place ever since I was six!" he smiles brightly, probably reliving a memory, and I inspect his facial features.

He is quite handsome.

Okay.

A lot.

"Five." I shrug and start licking my melting ice cream.

I haven't even noticed the heat.

Another green car drives past.

Two.

"What's your favourite colour?" I give him a confused look and start to laugh at his question.

Seriously?

"Why are you asking that?" I laugh and he bumps his shoulder against mine.

A shy grin is gracing his handsome face.

"Come on! Just answer the question." he chuckles nervously, and I lick my ice cream, pretending to be thinking.

"Well," I hum for a moment, "I guess you can say it is, blue."

"Blue?" He frowns, but sees my serious expression, "That's great!" He grins, "Mine is turquoise." he smirks, and I laugh again.

Silly boy.

I can't believe I am laughing at him and yesterday I wanted to kill him.

It took me a moment, but I finally realize why he had asked this question.

He's serious about getting to know me.

I smile and eat the last of my ice cream.

I still have a soft smile edged on my mouth and search the parked cars over the street for any green car.

To my surprise I spot one.

Three.

"How about food?" He looks curious at this question and to be honest I had to think.

What is my favourite food?

I see a flash of green speeding past.

Four.

"I..." I frown, "I like pasta food." His smile is even bigger, "My mother is a pasta freak! You should taste her food; you'll be in love with it." The way he speaks about his mother gives me the idea that she means a lot to him.

I smile and shrug, not even realizing my shirt's sleeve rising and showing the bruises.

"Why did Amanda attack you?" He's looking at my arm, and I quickly try to cover it up, but he grabs it. "I don't want to talk about it." I mutter.

I look anywhere, but his face.

The last green car.

Five.

Inspecting it, he looks up at me with a serious expression, "Why? And tell me."

{><><><><><><}

Oh boy, Hunter! Looks like Julia will finally let him in...wooooo!!!

(Edited.)