Chapter Thirty-One:

Chapter Thirty-One:

Prom...every teenage girl's high school dream!

Everyone's in a rush.

Everything is being rushed.

Even Bianca cared about this day!

No, I am not going to lie...I am a little excited for it.

But not for the dress shopping.

That is where I am now.

In the fifth dress shop, and it isn't even eleven in the morning.

Stephanie is frustrated and moody as hell after her sixth dress that just won't fit.

"Am I fat?" She turns around in the pretty pearl coloured dress and looks at me with tearful eyes.

Bianca is struggling to get the zip for fifteen minutes by now.

"No! No! Of course not!" I look at the baby bump that formed these past two months and bite my lip, "The baby just wants to prove that he lives." I smile weakly at my pathetic attempt of cheering her up.

Really Julia? The baby is freaking alive! I am sure he proves that by kicking her in the guts!

I sigh and finally lift my lazy ass from the ground and stroll through the racks of dresses.

I spot a lady that has the shop work uniform on and walk up to her.

"Hi! Excuse me!" She turns around and a smile immediately graces her face, "Can you help me?"

"Of course! With what?" Her smile doesn't even falter.

"Well...uhm..." I fidget with the hem of my shirt, "Well, do you have any dresses for pregnant ladies? My friend is literally about to cry because," thinking fast of an answer that won't ruin Steph, "we are invited to her boss' formal birthday party."

The woman nods her head and turns around, speed walking to a rack of dresses on the other side of the room.

She waves me closer, and I step forward.

"We have these. She can come and look. It isn't tight fitted dresses and it'll be perfect for her belly." She explains.

I make my way back and almost laugh at the sight.

An angry Steph is literally fuming at a scared looking Bianca.

"Steph! I found pregnancy dresses!" I call out and she whips her head my way.

Bianca almost looks relieved when she sees me, and her shoulders relaxes.

I am pretty sure Steph had threatened her like she threatens poor Tyler every day.

"Where?" She asks, already making her way towards me, holding the pearl dress up so that she doesn't trip over it.

"Follow me." I laugh and make my way back to where the woman had shown me.

_________________________________

After getting the perfect fitting dress for Steph, Bianca could finally get her dress.

It is navy blue, and it suits her personality and body perfect.

"Come on, Julia!" Steph wines when I refuse to put on the pink dress.

Never. Ever. Will I wear pink. Ever!

"How about purple?" Bianca asks hopefully and I shake my head, "Red?" She lifts the red dress and I pull a face.

Lovely colour, wrong dress.

They both sighed and Steph pulls out a black dress.

It's gorgeous!

The black silk dress is tight, wrapping around my one shoulder and around my waist.

The skirt was long and flows down, but it wasn't puffy.

In fact, it had a slit!

I smile brightly and reach for it.

Bianca hands it to me and I get into the fitting room.

Pulling the silk over my body, I feel excitement for the dress shopping starting to boil in my stomach.

________________________________________________________________________________

We head home after five more shops (Steph wanted the "perfect" shoes, but her ankles are swollen so she got mad during that trip.) and a stop for lunch at Steph's favourite restaurant because she just can't starve to death.

Her words not mine.

We stop in front of Hunter's house and pile out of the truck.

"I don't want the guys to see our dresses. Bi and Jules, you will have to carry the bags inside. My back is literally going to kill me."

Always with the whining.

Steph has gotten a lot more needy as her stomach had gotten bigger.

I walk around the truck to get the bags, Bianca following close by.

With the way Steph is reacting, you might think it is a wedding.

I hear the door open and Tyler's voice as he whines about us being gone for too long and dying of boredom.

I just laugh quietly and make my way to the front door, Bianca staying behind to talk to them about something.

The door opens showing a very attractive Hunter.

"Can I help you carry?" He asks with a cute smile, and I smile back.

"I think that may or may not upset Steph." I answer back as I walk pass him.

He gives me a slap on the bum as I walk by, and I let out a giggle.

"What have I told you about smacking me?" I laugh and he pulls me into a hug.

"You just have such a smackable ass, I can't help myself." He grins and leans down to kiss me.

I am truly happy that I got Hunter to myself, and I would be devastated if I am to lose him now.

His kisses are soft but so sweet.

I may not have a real relationship or a very good example of a perfect relationship, but what we have now, this right here, is blissful to me.

We pull away just when Tyler helps Steph with the patio stairs.

"Get away, Hunter. If you so dare as peek in that bag, I am not afraid to sit on you." She threatens, eyeing the bag that is in my hand.

"Oh, please, Steph. If I wanted to see what is in that bag I will wait tonight and force Julia to get dressed it in so that I can-"

"Okay! Enough said, I am going upstairs. Enjoy your convo."

I laugh loudly and quickly make my way upstairs, Hunter not far behind me.

I can hear them laughing at me, but it makes me happy to know that we have such a great friendship group.

"I expected Bianca to run away so fast, not you." Hunter chuckles as I put the bag at the foot of the bed.

"Well, excuse me for trying to keep our bedroom stories a secret."

I turn to face him, and he pulls me closer, kissing me again.

Total bliss.

(Edited.)