Chapter Twenty:

Chapter Twenty:

Bianca is standing a few feet away from us.

She's clutching her arm and her hair is in a mess, not in the usual high ponytail.

My eyes lands on her clutched arm, she was holding it in pain.

"What's wrong with your arm?" I must ask, but when I did, she quickly let go of it.

"Bianca..."

She and Hunter exchange looks, and I feel that curious tug in my stomach.

She averts her eyes away from me, and as if to save her life, Tyler and Steph make their way towards us.

They were laughing and Steph seems really happy, well she always did, but this time it seemed a little happier.

"Bianca, I will find out what's..." Before I could finish my sentence, she interrupts me.

"So, you guys kissed?" She asks loudly and Steph's eyes widens.

Dammit Bianca, I was doing the questioning.

I glare at her, and she gives me an innocent smile.

Sneaky girl.

"No... maybe...I don't know..." I stutter when I look at Hunter who rubs the back of his neck and I feel yet another blush creeping on my face, and butterflies in my stomach.

Wait...what?

I never got these before, except with Aiden and everyone knows what happened when I got involved with Aiden.

"Yes, yes we did." I answer and Hunter looks down at me, his eyes stare back at me with question marks in them.

I just gave a smile, my cheeks still burning.

"It's so cute!" Steph giggles and grabs hold of Tyler's arm. "You guys are so cute together!" She announces, "Julia, you make Hunter so happy, and I can see he has an effect on you too," she grins widely, grabbing my cheeks between her thumbs and point fingers.

I turn my gaze to Hunter, who's a head longer than me, and see him smiling shyly after Steph's comment.

Tyler nudges him on his shoulder, and I look back at them.

I make him...happy?

I feel my heart flutter and the entire zoo in my stomach, but it quickly comes to halt.

I remember when I started high school, all I ever wanted was a long-lasting relationship with the perfect guy.

Back then the perfect guy I imagined was someone like Hunter, a guy with a heart of gold, who has no dark secrets (so I hope, but he seems suspicious) and no dark past.

Someone who will try to get to know you even if he gets a few slaps and insults.

I smile as I remember his words from last time.

He was my perfect guy, but my heart was shredded by someone who didn't care, and now I am too broken to love a perfect guy like Hunter.

I am scared that I might just ruin this perfect human being...

"Julia? So, it is true?" The sneer gives me goosebumps, but not because I fear her.

Because I know what I'll do to her.

(Edit.)