Chapter Thirty-Eight:

We had dinner with Hunter's parents.

They took the news easier than we expected and Steph is easily accepted in the family when they explained what happened.

"We just thought we could make it here in time for your graduation, son." His father smiles and I can feel the love they have for one another in the air.

"I know we have been traveling a lot and clearly we missed a lot," His eyes quickly shoots to me, "But I am hoping that we can at least settle down for a while before you go off the university."

"So, Julia," my eyes meets Hunter's mother's eyes.

She reminds me of a fairy with her soft features and bright eyes, "I never heard of you before." She gives a slight glare at Hunter, and I cover my mouth to stop a laugh, "Where did Hunter get hold of such a lovely girl?"

I peek at Hunter who immediately lowered his eyes.

Aw he's shy...

Or just embarrassed by the fact that his mother clearly insulted his previous girls.

"We met at school," I smile brightly, "it's quite a funny story."

I dig right in to tell his parents about my cranky mood and the French fries he took right out of my plate.

They laughed and joked about Hunter's mood swings he had as a toddler when he didn't get food.

"It's something you guys clearly have in common," Was Bianca's response to that.

______________________________

Dinner went by rather fast, and we all laughed a couple of times for the simplest jokes.

I found out that his parents had a business trip to France and after that they went to Germany.

I realized just now how rich Hunter must be.

We all stand up and I straightened my shirt, "Thank you for dinner." I smile and his mother shakes her head.

"No! Thank you for staying. And Julia," her eyes warms up even more. "Thank you for taking care of my son. You're perfect for him." She smiles and hugs me.

I feel a warm feeling in my tummy and hug her back.

What she doesn't know is that he is the one taking care of me.

I make my way to Hunter who bid Bianca goodbye, he turns to face me, and a grin makes its way on his lips.

I smile back and he bends down to give me a kiss on my lips.

"Let me take you home?" He whispers against my lips, and I nod my head.

The very first time he took me home flashes through my memories.

To think we got so far makes me happy.

You made it.

Pulling away, he wraps his arm around my waist, and we make our way outside to his car.

I get in and turn on the radio, leaving the volume on 25% so that we can still talk to each other.

"Are you in a hurry to get home?" He asks when he gets in and I look at the time.

8:30 pm.

"Nope. Why?" I ask curiously and he grins before leaning in towards me.

I welcome his soft lips, not caring that his parents might be watching us through the window.

His hand rests on my thigh and I grab hold of him behind his neck, pulling him closer to me.

We make out for, I am not sure how long, but I sure loved it.

We pull away and he starts the engine, "How is your parents doing?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

"They're good. Well, better. My grandpa said he's coming to visit us for a few weeks..." I look down at my hands that's folded in my lap, "it's the first time in ten years that he actually wants to visit us." I feel him squeeze my leg and look up, meeting his hazel eyes before he turns to look back at the road.

He knows that my family is a touchy topic, but at least he cares enough to listen.

He turns into my street, and I got ready to get out.

"Wait!" I look at him in confusion and he smiles shyly, "I want to open the door for you, so wait." I smile at his sweet gesture and sit back in my seat.

He gets out and jogs around the car to open my door, "Thank you, Hunter." I laugh and he takes my hand, pushing the door shut.

"Where did 'baby' go?" He asks with a pout, causing me to giggle.

"Okay," I bite my lip to stop me from laughing, "thank you, baby."

We stop in front of my front door, and I sigh.

I turn to face him, and his eyes are soft.

He touches my cheek and leans in, kissing me softly for the third time tonight.

"Tomorrow I am taking you on a date." He murmurs against my lips.

"Sounds like a good idea." I answer back softly.

"My mother was right," I tilt my head at his words, "you are perfect."

My heart flutters at his words and this time I kiss him deeply.

My worries melting away like ice on a summer day.

This man has changed my life.

(Edited.)