victor zsasz 4

"You've been naughty, dollface." The voice in your ear, only a voicemail, you nearly screamed anyway. He found you, Jerome found you. If he had your number then he more than likely knew where to find you.

Shoving some things in a suitcase, wrangling Orville into the carrier. Suitcase and angry cat in tow you got in your car, after checking the back seat you took off. For a fleeting second you thought you were being followed, keep calm girl. What if you're over reacting, what if you aren't?

Orville had settled down in his pet carrier only occasionally shouting out his protest. "Mommy's sorry, Orville, but the bad man knows how to find us." Once you were far enough from town you hit the second number on your speed dial. "He has my number Gordon." The voice on the other end sounded surprised, you didn't like the response he gave you. "You promised he would never bother me again. Stop making promises, you suck at keeping them." He told you not to come back to Gotham that it wasn't safe. You ended the call in the middle of him talking.

Your finger hovered over the first number on your speed dial. Truthfully, you should have just called him first. You punched the button and listened to the ring, he didn't answer right away, he answered right when you thought you would have to leave a message. "It's me." Your voice practically a whisper. "Yes, you were right. Could you save your gloating for when I am not scared." You quietly listened, "Of course I kept it, will you be there?" You did your best not to sound disappointed with his response. "It's fine. Orville will keep me company." Victor hung up first.

The majority of the car trip you were on edge. Thankfully Orville let you put on his harness so you could let him walk a bit when you stopped to rest, he refused to go back into the carrier afterwards. He curled up into the front passenger side. And stayed there napping and occasionally swishing his tail. "Fine, stay there you little, shit." Letting out a sigh, you resumed the drive towards Gotham.

Strange to be returning after two years, driving towards the dangers of the past that won't let you be in peace. You carefully did as Victor had instructed you to, winding back and forth checking your review, making sure you weren't being followed. "Back in the carrier for you, Orville. Could you be a dear and do that on your own?" Orville opened his eyes to peer at you before closing them, "I thought not."

Orville posed no problems getting him in the carrier which was a blessing, locking the car and moving swiftly making sure to pay attention to your surroundings as always. You were up those stairs as fast as you could manage, carrying a pet carrier with an annoyed cat. "Hush, Orville." You whispered quietly, dropping the suitcase so you could lower Orville's carrier down. You reached up and removed the chain with the key to the door, remembering that last kiss from Victor as he placed the chain around your neck.

Walking in you could tell he'd been there earlier, the single rose on the counter, "Welcome Home." The simple card beside it. You let Orville out of the carrier, he gave you an indignant look before sauntering off to investigate his new surroundings. Walking about the apartment you saw traces of your old life here and there, and dust. Victor obviously left this place alone while you were gone.

You wanted a shower but you were afraid to trap yourself in like that. So you washed your face and sat down in an armchair, letting Orville take up residence on your lap. "Welcome to Gotham, Orville." He nudged your hand to get you to pet him. "We are in the lion's den, boo-boo." You sat quietly petting your companion of two years, eventually the continuous purring calmed your nerves enough for you to fall asleep.

Troubled dreams, and a hushed voice in your ear. "I found you dollface." You woke up breathing hard, "Shit." Holding your chest, trying to focus on calming down, your panic increased when you saw that you were in bed and not in the armchair anymore.