every breath you take victor~

Being home alone in your childhood home had never scared you, not even as a child. There was something peaceful and soothing behind these walls. The love and safety of your family was rooted in the very construction of the building, made by your father's own hands. Maybe that's why you still lived at home at the age of ___? At least, that was part of the reason. Another big reason was the fact that your family never been very rich, you'd never gone to college and now your father was very ill. And that forced you to meet that darker side of the city everyday, working at the club of the very King of Gotham himself.

Your father's illness required expensive treatment and finding a good job without education and payed a lot, was proven impossible in Gotham. So it was with a heavy heart that you responded to the job ad from the club. Of course you knew who the owner was. Even if you been safely protected from these parts of Gotham, you still read the newspaper and watched the news. Actually, you found it quite thrilling to see what happened in this criminal world. You couldn't for your life understand why, but it made your heart beat faster when there was some news from the underworld of Gotham City.

Maybe it was because you've been living so very far away from that world? Maybe it was because that, deep deep inside of you, there was a part that found that kind of danger exhilarating? That kind of danger that could leave you ending up in someone's basement, tied up and tortured?

You shook your head, shocked by your own thoughts. Why did you think such disturbing things? It was something utterly wrong with you!

Shrugging those thoughts away, you settled back on the couch, wrapped the warm blanket tighter around you as you continued reading the book you started on earlier. Or at least you tried. The thunderstorm raging outside startled you every time there was a lighting and you jumped high in the couch.

Why did you feel so scared in your own home all of the sudden?

You never been afraid of the thunder before. But now...now it made you see things in the shadows, lurking menacing things that wasn't there, that wasn't real. They were only there because your imagination played wicked tricks on you. And frankly, lately, your imagination had been tricking you on a daily bases. And you actually thought you started to loose your mind. Those thoughts of someone watching you, following you couldn't be real. Right?

If you only knew...

***

Victor stood in the incoming thunderstorm, his eyes shimmering darkly when a lighting struck and the raging wind swept over his solid body as he watched you silently through the window. The rain hadn't started yet, but he could feel it approaching, he sensed it in the heavy air compressing around him, causing him a headache.

As Victor studied your curled up body tugged inside a blanket, reading a book on the sofa, he thought back to the first time he saw you. The first time he saw those big eyes...those rosy cheeks...those pretty plumped lips that you nervously chewed on when you concentrated on something.

He had wanted you from the very first time he laid eyes on you. And Victor always took what he wanted.

***

It had been your first time working at the club and you ended up waitressing Penguin's business dinner. Of course Victor hadn't been invited to join. He was ordered to stand quietly further away in the shadows of the corner, monitoring the dinner incase he was needed.

The moment you approached Penguin's table, he noticed you immediately. How couldn't he? Victor's dark gaze fixated on you with interest, on how your hands was shaking nervously as you carried the tray with drinks and how you blushed so delightfully every time you spoke or was spoken to....And how that tight black pencil skirt and white blouse hugged your curves perfectly.