constellations~ oswald

Being Oswald's girlfriend meant a lot of things. It meant dealing with his erratic mood swings, not knowing exactly when it would change. It meant being part of every aspect of his life because he trusted you with every little secret he had. You had gained that trust by loving him unconditionally; you loved every part of him, the dark sides and the light ones that were reserved only for you. But being loved by Oswald meant first and foremost having his total devotion and almost obsessive love. Not that you complained though, his dark jealously when another man just as much as looked at you, was indeed very addictive to you. Because that's when he took you home and showed you who you really belonged to.

Before Oswald there had only been heartbreak in your life. You had been betrayed and stepped on so many times but when you met Oswald, he saw the real you and loved you for who you were. He had found you at the lowest point of your life, broken by an abusive and cheating man and Oswald took your scattered heart and healed it, made you whole again.

Listen
I should have told you long ago
That you glisten
oh more than he will ever know
If he can't see what I have always seen
than something isn't right
He hasn't seen at all
that you are beautiful

At first it was hard for you to trust all of Oswald's affection and words to be true. His tendency to always praise you, tell you how beautiful and wonderful you were made you believe he lied. But slowly he had strengthen your confident in him and when you finally let him inside your walls, you allowed yourself to feel those feelings that he had stirred up inside of you.

I'm breaking down the wall
you're a star
But now I'm about to fall
because you are
cause you are
beautiful beautiful babe

************

Tonight had been another successful night for Oswald and his business, so he had taken you out for dinner to celebrate. He had reserved a table at the most romantic restaurant in Gotham, well that's what he said, but in fact he had reserved the whole restaurant for just the two of you.
When you entered the restaurant you were stunned at the sight before you. The room was illuminated by a soft golden light, the golden curtains highlighted the lightning and you didn't think you could spot a single surface that wasn't covered in candle lights. One table was beautifully decorated with a white table cloth, the finest china porcelain and shimmering silverware. A smile spread across your face when you saw the yellow tulips on the table, Oswald remembered they were your favourite. You looked at Oswald with a glimmering smile.

"Oz...this...this is beautiful and amazing," you voice cracked as tears started to swell in your eyes, "you are too good for me," you whispered.

Oswald took your hand and looked firmly into your eyes, "Don't ever say that my dear. It's me who don't deserve you. You deserve all of this and more, there isn't enough money in the world to give you what you deserve my dear."

His words warmed your heart and your body, the blush that rushed across your face showed all the things you couldn't say in that moment and the kiss you placed on Oswald's lips proved all your love for him. When the kiss ended, Oswald led you to the table and pulled out the chair for you. Still half blushing and with a shy smile on your lips, you sat down and Oswald motioned for the waiter to come.

The chef had prepared a three course meal and you were enjoying the chocolate dessert, when Oswald started showering you with gifts to remind you of how much he loved you.

"Please Oswald...this really isn't necessary," you said shyly as he placed the diamond bracelet around your wrist, his eagerness to praise you brought a pink shade to your cheeks.

"Yes, yes it is my dove," he assured you, "You are the light off my life, you are the one who keeps me sane and you never, not even ones, tried to change me. You accept me for who I am and I love you for it." His bright blue-green eyes sparkled as he took you hand and placed a soft kiss on your hand.