things you do ~ zsasz

"My brother is coming over for a few days, he need a place to crash," your roommate and best friend Violet said at the breakfast table. Your heart skipped a beat at the news and a small smile ghosted over your lips when you took another sip of your coffee. The thoughts of Victor staying here, at the same apartment as you, being close to him made butterflies swirl in your stomach.

"Oh?" you said casually. "Is he in trouble again?" Violet chuckled and took a bite out of her French toast.

"Well, you know my brother. He is always in trouble and now...when both Falcone and Penguin is gone...let's just say, he feel very rootless when he don't have anyone to work for."

***

Yes, you knew Victor, not as much as you wanted to, but you knew him as your best friend's brother. You and Violet had been friends since you were 14 years old when you and your family moved in next door to them and their foster family. Violet and you hit it off right away and the first time you went over to their house, you met Victor, Violet's older brother.

When she introduced you, Victor just nodded from his seat on the couch but his dark eyes lingered on and stared into yours, maybe just for a brief moment, but long enough for you to feel a heat flush over your face and your limbs to go numb. You had whispered a fleeted "Hi" before Violet dragged you up the stairs and whispered into your ear, "My brother is such a creep."

You had felt a sting in your heart at her words and turned your head to look back at him only to meet his eyes in return as he looked after you when you walked up the stairs. A blush spread across your face and you quickly turned your head forward again with a smile. You felt his eyes bore into your back as you walked upstairs and you couldn't help the feeling that washed over you, the feeling that this young man could command you to do anything and you wouldn't even hesitate.

***

And here you where, ten years later and nothing had ever happened between you and Victor. Maybe it was the fact that you were six years younger than him and you simply were too young for him. Or it was due to the fact that he mostly kept to himself and didn't interact with a lot of people. And two years after you met, he moved away and you never saw him again. Until now.

When he entered your apartment, you were back in that moment, ten years ago. It was the same dark orbs that stared back at you and they affected you the same way. You could feel it as your cheeks burned and your body shivered. It was something different though, about him. He seemed more confident...more sure of himself, that smug smile on his lips was evidence enough when he saw your pink cheeks.

"Hello_____" Victor said with that smooth voice you never had been able to push out of your mind. You looked back up at him, he was taller than you remembered, and smiled shyly.

"Hi Victor," you whispered and looked down as you stroked a lost stray of hair behind you ear.

Victor smirked and let his eyes wander over your body. It had been eight years since he saw you and you had certainly grown into a beautiful young woman. He guessed you had bloomed late, because the last time he saw you, when you were 16, you were much...smaller. But now you were a sight for sore eyes. Even though you were wearing sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, he could clearly see the curves on your hips under the hem of the slightly too short t-shirt and your round, firm breasts that hid underneath that cotton fabric. His sister woke him up from his stare and you were grateful for that, his eyes on you had started to become really frustrating.

"Well Victor, you have to crash on the couch. We don't have any more beds."

"That's fine," he said and gave you a grin and you blushed again, imaging him in your bed. Quickly you excused yourself, said your good nights and walked to your room. As you walked you could feel his familiar glare into your back and when you closed the door behind you, you leaned against it and took a deep breath. Shit! How were you supposed to get through the next couple of days?