Chapter 9: Dinner

Your POV:

Liza was showing me this cool trick, instead of doing it she ended up falling over. I laughed and held my sides in tears when she did it wrong. She was trying to shift and jump in the water, wolf to human.

"That didn't go well." She groaned after she belly flopped into the water.

"Damn Liza. You smacked that floor hard." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around instantly and spotted Dinah. I whimpered smelling Lauren all over her. I stumbled back, not wanting to be near her.

"It's okay Y/N." She said calmly.

I shook my head walking back, I didn't realise I was near the edge till I felt myself fall. Apart from I never fell, Dinah had grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her. I started to panic, wanting nothing to do with her.

"Relax Y/N." She tried to calm me.

My wolf began to panic as I squirmed to be realised. She didn't leave go and I felt my chest tighten. I panicked as someone else came from the woods.

I think I passed out.

I woke up in my own bed, the sheets were new and the room was dark. I looked down, spotting my teddy tucked under my arm.

"Look who's awake." Someone said walking in the room.

I looked over and saw mom stood in the doorway smiling holding some stew. I hummed at the smell and sat up.

"You passed out mid-panic attack. Next time you two wanna don't go alone." I nodded.

"Sorry." I felt guilty knowing Liza will be punished.

"Since Liza and David have no mated she can not be punished. You will not either. Let this be a warning. The Jauregui pack will be around our woods a little longer. We tend to keep you away." I looked confused.

"Why are they gonna be here?"

"Because." Mom took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Because what?" I was getting concerned.

"You and Lauren are mates and you will have to get together soon. Since her pack know you are her mate they'll want to see their Luna more. Or be in her territory." I flinched at the thought of her pack being close.

"There are rules. She can not come too close to the house. Lauren may not talk to you unless you start the conversation. However, we agreed that once a week she may have dinner with us. This means you and her will be close and won't be in pain." My wolf tensed at the thought as my mother continued.

"No." I stated.

"No? No what? You have to or you'll be hurt." She explained looking offended.

"I don't wish to dine with her if she calls me a mutt. If she wishes to come for dinner make her eat outside." I growled.

"Y/N." My mother looked shocked.

"I do not want someone who calls people a mutt in my presence at dinner."