Chapter 34: Wolfs

Lauren's POV:

I stared at my reflection, my wolf was huge and the black fur made me fade into the dark room. I stalked out the room going down the steps as guards stood to attention. Once I hit the outside the wind blew instantly in my fur. I went down to the river, huffing and listening out for any animal or human. I drank from the river, lapping up water as I heard a bark. I turned to see Lucia and Ally, Ally held a pup in her mouth, I huffed smelling it as Y/N.

Ally dropped Y/N on the floor and licked her fur. Her mother instinct kicking in seeing a pup with no mother. Lucia took some water and I watched Y/N. She seemed to be enjoying it slightly but that was her cub instant. It was quiet in the Dobrik pack and the Jauregui pack. Y/N's adopted mother had passed away and they were getting ready for David to take over as Alpha. I was invited to come but I declined, Y/N wasn't allowed to attend because it saw the killing of her adoptive father. Lucia was going in my place with Chris since he had alpha blood.

"Y/N isn't talking to me." Ally huffed in link.

"Y/N's mute once in wolf form. A trigger from the fire I think." I linked back.

"Oh. I didn't really know." She whined and pawed at Y/N.

Since Ally was pregnant it meant all her senses were hightened and she had to protect pups. Then with Y/N being the size of a pup it meant her instincts kicked in. This wasn't the first time she had became protective of Y/N it was when Y/N's mother passed and her instincts kicked in. For a few days no one saw Y/N, not even myself, Ally didn't let anyone near her. Instead she just cuddled Y/N herself and took care of her.

"Did she eat earlier?" Ally linked me.

"She had some bacon with me." I linked and watched Y/N.

Y/N was stumbling around on the floor barking and trying to walk to me.  She slowly made her way to me, pawing at my face and whining. She licked my face barking and pawing at me as Ally came behind her and licked her fur.

"Lauren." I heard Lucia say on link.

"What?" Asked but then heard it.

Before she could reply barks were heard close by. I jumped over Y/N and Ally, getting protective. Rogue wolves were near and smelling a pup near an alpha plus a pregnant wolf meant they were gonna attack. I waited for them to attack first, my wolf growling.

"Look what we have here." Someone said from the trees.

"Leave." I shifted to human.

"Why should we? Land is free to those who are born here." She spoke.

"You were banished. I banned you 4 years ago." I growled.

"Well well, what's this? A pregnant wolfy and a pup. Maybe we should take the pup, use them and then torture the pregnant one." Lucia growled louder than me.

"You don't touch me. My mate. Or this pup." Lucia shifted.

"Ashley. Well this is a surprise." I saw Jade emerge from the back.

"This has nothing to do with you queen." Ash growled.

"Infact it does." Jade stated.

Royal guards surrounded the other wolves, my pack standing guard too. Ashley started to look worried and I smirked, she was getting worried.

"ALLY!" Lucia screamed.

I turned around eyes going wide. Fuck.