Chapter 24: Helping

Lauren's POV:

Y/N had gotten worse over the few days that passed, I had got over it quickly. Y/N wasn't exactly pleased by the fact she had to stay in bed for the whole time, my pack had needed me so I wasn't there much either. I was currently watching a comedy show with Y/N, it was about a family that moved from Cuba to America and they spoke Spanish so Y/N would ask me what they were saying.

"I need the toilet." Y/N muttered sitting up.

"Let me help." I smiled stood up, helping her up. 

I carried her most of the way to her bathroom and I helped her use the toilet, it was a little scary that she wasn't able to do it on her own. My own mate would look defenceless in any public situation because she was so sick and she was not in any state of mind. Her face was quite pale and two doctors were looking after her, my pack doctor would visit every other day and her pack doctor would visit on the other day. I tried not to leave much but being an alpha made that hard. We laid back in bed, frowning when I heard a knock against the door, it was either Liza or Ally I couldn't tell.

"Y/N's mom asked if she was well enough to come sit downstairs for a little because they think she needs some family time with everyone." Ally said rubbing her hands fidgeting.

"I'll carry her down." I said standing up and sorting my jeans out. 

"Yes Alpha." I groaned.

"Ally, just because I'm alpha it doesn't mean you get to call me that. You are mated to Lucia, you call me Lauren." I said.

"Oh okay, yes Lauren." She ran off.

"You intimidate her." Y/N coughed.

"It's my job too. I'm an alpha of a very respectable pack."

"You're a joke."

My wolf instantly growled but stopped when Y/N laughed, I then realised it was a joke and my wolf calmed. My wolf had never fully met Y/N's wolf which was a little odd and it was starting to show as I began to shift more often. I carried Y/N down, mocking her for whining and being small. She hated every moment but never stopped blushing.

"Hey." A chorus erupted from the living room.

"Hallo." Y/N giggled and waved a little.

I sat down on the couch, giggling when Y/N snuggled close to me. She cuddled and kissed my cheek, smiling wider when her father walked over with some tea and some blankets. The room was warm without the blankets covering us but it made me sweat a lot more and Y/N snuggled into them. She complained about being cold from the beginning and now it seems to get worse, her nose was red at the tip, like a child in the snow at winter.

"Hey Y/N." David said making Y/N giggle.

"Hallo Davey." She said drinking her tea.

"Lauren. We have the pack meeting tonight and well, your sister and brother are ready to talk about the mating of you and Y/N. The elders have already starting praying for a new cub and well, you know how crazy they are." Lucia said entering the room.

"I'll talk to them later." I said sighing.