Chapter 63: You're No Alpha

Lauren's POV:

I pulled Ashley back to the cells, I knew she had to stay close to the cubs but I couldn't just let her go, my pack will think I can be walked over. Ashley and I had a rough past, she used to be my Beta until she back-stabbed me. She ran away to be with her mate, even after I offered her a home, she wanted to be an alpha. I couldn't let her be one since she was in my pack, I then let her go, making Lucia my beta. It was going to either Lucia or Dinah but Lucia was my childhood friend, whom we thought was going to be my beta in general. 

"Lauren." Ashley spoke anger filling her voice.

"What?" I asked.

"I hate you."

"I know."

"You ruined my life."

"You're the one who left."

"You forced me to leave."

"I did not."

"You made me choose between my mate and my pack. What would you do if that was you in my situation huh? Tell me." I growled.

"I will not listen to you, I'm an alpha and you respect me." I spat.

"You're not my alpha." She growled and I punched her across the face.

"I am the alpha your mate is living with. So please disrespect me because your mate will be kicked out." I growled back.

"You wouldn't." Her voice broke slightly.

"Try me." I walked out ignoring her.

"You're no alpha!" She screamed.

"Want me to shut her up?" Mani asked growling when we heard Ashley screaming.

"Leave her. If her mate hears her. That's on her." I huffed walking outside.

"Lauren." I heard someone warn.

I looked behind me at Taylor, she looked like our mom from a distance but I ignored her. She went to speak again but I walked past, already knowing she was gonna tell me to leave. I went to find Y/N but her scent wasn't were I thought it was. I only found Luna's scent, following that I was led to the stream down the back of the pack house. Luna was laid next to the stream and I saw someone in the water.

"Come in Luna!" Y/N laughed splashing in the water.

Luna barked a response and jumped into the water, splashing and trying to swim with Y/N. I just wanted to pull Y/N into a hug and tell her I'm never leaving, because I love her. Instead I stood staring at my mate as she swam, I wanted to move but I was too busy staring. It must have been some time when she started to get out I went to hand her the towel but Luna beat me to it, holding it in her teeth to Y/N. I walked over as Y/N came out and smiled to her, hoping all my anger had gone.

"Hey babe." Y/N said as I realised she was naked. 

"Hey baby." I said coming over to hug her.

"Rough meeting?" She asked hugging me.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry baby." Y/N said scratching my scalp slightly. 

"That feels nice." I hummed nuzzling into her.

"Cute babe." Y/N laughed.

"Let's go in. I feel like it's gonna rain." She nodded.

"Okay, lets go. Luna come on." Y/N whistled as we walked back. 

She got changed before we walked out and I smiled, she wore my hoodie and some shorts. It was odd to see Y/N relaxing lately, she normally spent her time to rushing around or trying to be a good Luna.