Chapter 15: Talks

Your POV:

I sat staring at my parents, not wanting to talk. I could sense Lauren outside but she did not dare to come in. My brother was staring out of the window, growling lowly as different wolves passed by on their rounds. My parents were trying to have me talk to them but I just stayed silent.

"Y/N go rest upstairs." My mother said sighing.

I nodded and went upstairs, smelling Lauren in my room. I went in and saw her laid in my bed, she smiled and opened her arms. My wolf took over again and walked over to her cuddling into her scent. I wanted to resist but we both knew she would calm me down.

"Y/N it's okay." She whispered.

My wolf wanted to agree but stayed silent. I sighed and just kept close because she was the only thing keeping me sane.

"I'm sorry I insulted your status. I did not mean to call you a mutt, you being scared masked your mating scent." I sighed.

"I hate that word." I rubbed my head.

"The word mutt?" I cringed.

"Yes. It's a vile and insulting word. No one should ever be called it. No matter their status or role in life." I huffed.

"I'm sorry." She said.

I knew she was being genuine because her eyes went down and her hands played with her own fingers. Her wolf let a small whine escape, your mate telling you off is an embarrising thing but also an ashaming experience.

"I forgive you but if you ever do that again I will leave you." I growled.

"I know. I know." Her wolf whined in submission slightly.

"Y/N? who's in there?" David's voice said.

"No one." I huffed.

"I smell a different scent." He growled.

"It's just perfume calm down. Jeez I know you just smell like shit all the time but some of us have to wear perfume."

"Ohhh you're on your period." He walked off.

"Did-did he really just?" I was shocked looking at Lauren.

"He's a boy and a very protective brother. Don't take it to heart." She told me standing up.

She sat against my window watching outside, I glanced at my clock. I walked over to Lauren and sat with her, she hugged my waist.

"Your scent is entracing." She whispered.

"You just smell like a vanilla candle." I giggled.

"So plain. You smell like cinnamon and apples." She hummed.

"Well thank you." I smiled.

"Have you ever seen a ritual?" I shook my head.

"No. Last time I was sick and before that I was sick."

"I have seen many. You'll see one next week. Your brother's alpha ritual. Then his marriage with Liza." I nodded.

"I like Liza. She's so funny."

"She was a m-rogue when I first met her. She was 7 and I was 9. My pack was still quite small so she was instantly accepted. Lucia was the first because she was my new best friend, her parents kicked her out because her mate was going to be a girl."

"How could people do that? It's only strange because they'd expect cubs from her."

"True. It's weird because we need cubs too to continue the alpha line."

"How exactly do me and you have cubs?" I tilted my head.