Chapter 78: New Friend

Y/N's POV:

I laid awake as the clock's light showed 3:00am, meaning no one else was awake. Lauren and I had just officially signed apart and now I'm living in the castle. I was with Luna here and Lauren and I agreed to not see or speak to eachother unless it's official business. I decided to get up, since I knew I wouldn't be falling asleep soon. Once my feet hit the floor I sighed happily, greeting the cold flooring after being too warm.

"Might as well go outside." I sighed getting changed into a hoodie and jeans.

I walked out of my room, few night guards glancing over and then back to the front. I walked down the hall, to the main gates so I could go out the castle walls. Once I had arrived to the pathway I followed it down into the local village. The village was fully protected by castle guards and at night it was the main scene for guards to go to bars and pubs on their day off.

"Miss you shouldn't be out here." A heard a guard speak as I walked past a bar.

"Don't tell me what to do." I growled.

"Yes ma'am." He spoke walking off.

"Idiot." I mumbled.

I walked into what looked like a quiet bar, the name Shorty's. When I came in the bar wasn't full, a blonde sat at the bar on a stool that looked ready to fall if she laid back. As I went to the bar to get myself a glass of water I saw the blonde lean back. Without a doubt the chair snapped back, the back leg breaking as I caught her before she fell to the floor.

"Damn it." She groaned as I stood her back up.

"Careful next time." I smiled.

"Thanks." She spoke looking at me.

I looked at her features, pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes that almost looked grey and two holes in her neck. The vampire bite obviously new as it hadn't healed fully yet.

"Bit far away from home aren't you?" I asked knowing vampires tended to stay in Eastern European countries.

"Maybe I'm looking for my mate. You don't know me." I nodded agreeing.

"Well I only came to get out of the castle." I spoke.

"I came to get drunk. Vodka is shit here." She grunted when the bartender smacked her head.

"To let you know blood sucker this vodka is strong enough to make Lucia Vives drunk." I growled.

"Listen here dumbass. Don't call me blood sucker again or I'll shove that glass so far up your ass you'll shit glass for a month." She spoke as she grabbed his collar.

"Is she bothering you Miss?" A guard spoke in uniform.

"No. In fact the bartender just called my friend here blood sucker and since I'm entitled to the throne. There should be a punishment for that. Right?" I cocked my head slightly.

"Yes. Of course miss." He rushed.

I grabbed the girl's hand, which gave me a slight shock and pulled her into the booth.

"Entitled to the throne are we?" She spoke smirking.

"How about we start with a name?" I asked.

"Barbara." She smiled.

"Y/N." I smiled back.

"Why are you here alone?"

"Turned out my apparent mate isn't actually my mate and now I have to find my real mate."

"Confusing."

"Try living it. I'm so in love with Lauren."

"Alright alright. We're gonna need more drinks if you're explaining all of this." She stands up.

"Fine." I laughed as she walked to the bar.