four

Wes quickly looks over at me before looking back at the road. I just stare out of the window. He really wants an answer.

"Do you know that special someone that gives you the feeling of being secure and happy in their arms or during the special intimate moment? Do you know how it feels to be understood when people turn their backs on you or even just lock up in front of you?", I start.

"Yeah, sure but what does that have to do with the whole Tobias situation?", Wes asks, as we reach our school.

Niall lives across the city. Our school actually is pretty much the central of our city.

"Well, after Dad died, you kind of turned away from me and locked up. I mean, I told you a lot that I miss you as the person I love most with Mom. You kind of changed. Tobias wasn't the best boyfriend, I mean everything was based on sex but he gave me the feeling of being understood. We kind of were fuck buddies but he still meant something to me. I didn't think about you hating him. I really didn't care because everytime I tried to get close to you, you pushed me away. You made me so fucking pissed that I decided to go behind your back and stab you directly where it hurts. Soon enough I just stared enjoying being with Tobias. Even though it all was just sex, he always listened to me afterwards", I explain.

Wesley stays quiet for a couple of moments before answering.

"Am I really that bad?", he asks.

"Kind of. I mean, it's not bad that you changed but the way you started treating me. Before Dad left us, you and I were like best friends, you called me loser for fun but now I feel like you mean it. You got very overprotective, what I actually really appreciate, you started hanging out with Niall and you sleep around. I mean, you never did that before. I miss the old you. We used to watch movies together and bake and cook but now you don't even want to be seen with me in school", I tell him.

"I'm sorry, Violet. Dad's death hit me hard. He was the only guy I could trust as much as I trusted you. It just had me shaken up and I didn't even realize I was pushing you away", he says.

"It's okay. I have other friends."

"But you only have one brother that will always be a part of you."

"Yeah, I'm sorry", I mumble.

"You shouldn't be sorry, Vio. I'm sorry. I messed up all this time."

"You kinda did."

Wesley quickly chuckles before pulling up in our driveway. Mom's not home. She has the night shift today. Wes looks over at me before I open the car door.

"Tell Niall to somehow cover that fucking hickeys", I smile at him.

I step out of the car and bend down to look at Wes, as he calls out my name.

"Violet, stay away from Niall. He's a little fucked up inside. Just don't get too close to him. He'll only drag you down with him", he says.

"You can bet on that, brother", I smile.

"Good, I'll go back to the party but I'll be home before 4:30am. Don't stay awake."

"Okay, love you."

I slam the door shut and walk up to the front porch. I quickly unlock the door and step inside.

*****

I step into the kitchen, scratching my chin. It smells like bacon and eggs. Mom shouldn't be home yet and Wes is most likely still asleep. I look up towards the stove. Wesley stands there, shirtless, cooking up some food.

"Good morning", he says, as he sees me standing next to him.

"Morning, what's the occasion?", I question, as I look down at the stovetop.