thirty-three

Niall and I sit down on our chairs, repositioning our acoustic guitars. The songs with the others were amazing. Everyone was dancing and singing with us. Mere and Justin left the stage for Niall and I. They're now with their dates, probably telling them they want to dance.

"This is a slow one for all the couples in the room. Now, everyone take your girlfriend or boyfriend and make this dance unforgettable", Niall speaks into the microphone.

He looks over at me, winking. I see people now starting to gather around as pairs.

"Two, Three, Four", Niall counts down.

He starts on rhythm guitar while I stay silent and look over at him.

"I found a love for me, darling just dive right in and follow my lead. Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. I never knew you were the someone waiting for me", he sings, me now joining in with my guitar, "'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love."

Niall and I sing in unison. I close my eyes and let myself glide into the music. Everyone is probably having the time of their lives right now.

"Well I found a man, stronger than anyone I know. He shares my dreams, I hope that someday we'll share a home", I sing all by myself.

We sing the end together again, letting the song fade out but we immediately start playing again. Everyone starts clapping and cheering a little. A smile creeps on my face, as I open my eyes, seeing some people being really supportive towards us. I start playing the lead guitar while Niall does the rhythm guitar again. I dig deep down inside of me, letting my emotions take over.

"He told me that I'm not enough and he left me with a broken heart. He fooled me twice and it's all my fault. He cut too deep, now he left me scarred. Now there's too many thoughts goin' through my brain, and now I'm takin' these shots like it's novacane", I sing, closing my eyes again, singing from deep inside of me.

Niall joins in at the chorus. I open my eyes again, looking over at Niall. He looks over at me, smiling a little while singing. I look back at the students, seeing Wesley and Lilian dancing together. They're so cute together. I'm so happy for them.

A few songs later, Niall and I leave the stage and let the DJ take over again. We're taking everything down tomorrow afternoon. We're also leaving our instruments here, so we don't have to worry about them. I follow Niall down the stage and to the back of the gym, where we're supposed to meet our friends. I catch Mere and Ryan kissing each other. They didn't ever kiss in front of us without being drunk or high. Niall takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. A blush creeps up my face. Good that it's dark in here and I am wearing foundation. I feel a tingle erupt in my stomach. I feel a little uncomfortable with him holding my hand here in school but it makes me happy at the same time. Wesley is the first to see us, immideately looking down at our hands. He looks away again, laying his arm around Lilian's waist.

"You guys were awesome", Mia speaks, jumping into my arms, making me let go of Niall's hand to hug her.

"Thank you", I smile, feeling truly happy.

She moves back to Luke, taking his hand in hers. I see Wesley looking at Niall, almost glaring at him.

"So, when are you guys planning to leave?", Luke asks into the round.

I look up at Niall when I see him looking down at me from the corner of my eye. He gives me a questioning look. I motion him to bend down, so I can whisper into his ear. It's currently 8:45pm and I still want to dance a bit with Niall since we didn't get to do that yet since we came here late and had to immideately move onstage. I put my lips up to his ear, lightly brushing it.