thirteen

I wake up from Wesley calling my name. The bed is cold and empty next to me. Niall must've already woken up. My head pounds from the headache. I don't know, if it's my hangover or the fact that I hit my head. Maybe it's just both. I ruffle my hair quickly before getting out of bed. A dizzy feeling clouds my brain, as I set down a foot. I feel my stomach turn but I control it well enough. On my way downstairs, I realize I'm only wearing one sock, so I take it off and throw it up the stairs again, so it's at the top step. I yawn loudly, as I enter the kitchen. Niall sits at the table with Wesley, eating something. I sit down at the third place that's laid and take some coffee and vanilla creamer. I just don't like black coffee in the early morning.

"So, did you guys get any rest?", Wesley asks, eating a piece of his pancake after.

I nod, looking over at Niall.

"Yeah", he lies. I know he stayed awake the whole night because I woke up a couple of times and he was always looking down at me.

I just let his lie pass and take a pancake myself. I take some strawberries and put them on top. Niall's only drinking a cup of coffee. His under eyes look so puffy and blue, showing perfectly how tired his is.

"What time is it?", I ask, looking out of the window, realizing Mere's probably going to pick me up soon.

"It's about 11:00am. Meredith wants to pick you up at 1:00pm, if that's okay. She just said you'd probably be better off sleeping for a little more and she needs to nap a little aswell", Wes explains.

I nod.

"Did you stay there the whole night?", Niall asks.

"I came home at 5:00am. I helped Mere fall asleep and then I took care of that cunt of Grayson. He's going to be happy to wake up in a pile of cow shit", Wes answers.

I chuckle a bit, regretting it instantly because my head pounds again. I let my fork fall onto the plate, grabbing my head in my hands and laying my forehead on the table. I groan in pain.

"I don't think you should go shopping today, Vio. You're hurt and tired. We don't need you in more pain and Mere already said that it would be okay, if you cancel your plans", my brother speaks up.

I rub my temples, trying to hide in a scream of pain.

"I'll call her", he says.

I nod. I can't go shopping today. My head hurts too much. It soon calms down a bit, so I can continue eating.

"Do you want me to stay over and look over you? We could work on the project while I take care of you", Niall suggests.

I agree, telling him to just go home before to see his parents and sister and get some other clothes and a shower maybe since he was really warm tonight and probably sweat a lot and smells of my sweat because we were cuddling all night. It's weird to think of that but it definitely calmed me down. He's still a dick but tonight he was a tolerable dick. Wesley comes back soon, telling me that Mere would text me to go shopping another time. I shake my head, seeing my still half full plate of pancake and strawberries. I poke up a few more of the berries but leave a lot on my plate. Wes gives me a concerned look.

"When is Mom coming home?", I ask.

"She's home by 12:00pm."

I nod and excuse myself to get changed into some other clothes. I hear Niall leave soon after, leaving his phone and clothes in my room. He could've just come up and gotten his stuff but okay. I decide to plug in his phone, so it doesn't die. I find my phone, bag and keys on my desk. He must've brought these up here when I went to shower. I quickly make my bed, lighting myself a cigarette. Mom doesn't care, if I smoke in the house since she does it herself. Even Wes smokes in the house, not only tobacco, if I might say. I let the cigarette dangle between my lips, as I pile my pillows back against the headboard. I quickly turn my laptop back on and transfer all of my pictures from my camera onto my laptop. I took pictures of my Mom cooking. She just has to be a part of this project. I love her too much. I take a drag from my cigarette, opening the windows to let in fresh air. A cool summer breeze enters my room. I smile a bit. This is beautiful. I take my phone into my hand, seeing a lot of texts and some pictures on Instagram that I'm tagged in. First I open one from yesterday at about the time I had that thing happen to me. I think, if I think about it too much, I'll just be pissed and sad. It's a text from Niall.