six

The teacher pops into the room soon after me, putting their bag on the table. He sits down at his desk. This class is for all students from Junior and Senior year, so Seniors and Juniors come in, trying not to be too late. Then someone I didn't expect here walks straight into class, immideately finding me with their eyes. His body moves towards me, seeing the seat next to me is open but some of his friends sit across the room, calling for him. I glare at him before he sits down. He sits down, smirking at me.

"Didn't think you were here, babygirl. It's nice to see you here", he speaks.

"Why don't you sit with your friends over there? It would brighten my day and probably even make my brother happier and those girls back there, too", I say, nodding towards the group of girls around his friends.

He looks over, losing his smirk before looking back at me.

"I'll stay. I think we could be a great photography team", he smiles.

The bell rings, signaling the class is about to start. Our teacher stands up, clapping his hands.

"Good morning, class. I'm Mr Melroy. I hope you all enjoy photography as much as I do. So, as you can see, you are all seated on tables for two people. Those people at a table for two make a team. You will recieve several tasks and different topics to photograph on. You will learn the basics of photoshop and photography in this class. Any last complains before we start with our first photography session?", Mr Melroy asks.

Just as I'm about to lift my arm, I feel Niall's hand on my wrist, preventing me from moving my hand. I look over at him, seeing he has a look of pleading on his face. He really wants to work with me this year.

"Good, then let's continue", Mr Melroy speaks up.

Niall lets go of my hand, taking a pen to his hand.

"The first topic we'll be doing is moments seen as random, just taking pictures of moments that occur suddenly like a person laughing or a mother soothing her child. Just moments we see, seconds of pure human hood. I want you to find opportunities to take pictures in moments humans are just humans. Meet with friends, go to the city, ask people, if you can take a picture of them while working. You all have cameras and computers at home, so use the chances you get. Take pictures of each other. Make it perfect. This will make 30 percent of your final grade."

I look over at Niall and see him already writing down ideas. Maybe this will be easier than I thought.

"Let me quickly check off the attendance list", Mr Melroy finally says.

He just goes through all of the names, checking off everyone before handing out examples and task on a sheet of paper. I get my camera out of my backpack and turn it on. Niall gets out his aswell, seeing we both have the same camera but mine has a pink ribbon on the strap. I just put it there to recognize my camera in this class.

"So, do you want to meet and talk about this project later?", Niall asks me, as soon as Mr Melroy lets us start working and finding ideas.

I shrug.

"Maybe, I got to tell Wes first. He might kill you when you come over to work on this project", I tell him, writing down ideas.

"I'll tell him right now. He surely won't kill me. I'm his best friend, Violet."

He gets his phone out under the table and starts texting my brother.

"I'd not be that sure."

"Well, how about we just meet over some coffee at the bakery down the road from school. Just tell Wes that you have to get touch ups for your tattoo and have to go today", Niall suggests.