twenty-eight

As soon as we're out of the bathroom again, the music is turned all the way up again and people seem to be back to normal. I didn't feel like putting makeup on again. Mere also got me a bag of ice from Niall's freezer. She said that the fight was still going on but that was about ten minutes ago. I want to go home again, just lay in my bed and fall asleep. Lilian said that it will bruise. A few vessels poped in my eye and turned my eye a little red. I feel a lot more pain and every blink hurts but I don't think this has to be looked at by a doctor. I'm more worried of the boys. I make my way to the living room, seeing Niall and the others sitting at the kitchen island. They all look beat up and some of them are already forming bruises. Niall has a huge cut on his lip and his eyebrow. His eye looks just as beaten up as mine. His white shirt also carries some blood, maybe his own. Wesley looks less beaten up. Jake is already in Mere's hands, being escorted outside the room. Luke is already being taken care of by Conner and Conner doesn't even seem that beaten up. Lilian walks over to Welsey, taking him with her, probably wanting to take care of his wounds. Everyone else is already partying again. Niall looks up to me, standing up from the chair too quickly. He groans, grabbing his side a little. I go over to him, reaching my hand out to him. I grab his shoulder.

"Come with me", I speak, sounding a little sad.

He takes my hand, groaning, as he straightens up again from his crouched state. I grab his hand tightly, so he doesn't let go as we walk out of the room. Mere said she'd take the bathroom we were in to take care of someone. Lilian took Niall's parents bathroom. I'm ordered to take Niall's private bathroom to take care of one of the hurt boys. We talked this through in the bathroom, as they took care of me. Mere, Lilian and I cried a little aswell, just being confused with the situation. Niall and I leave the room, his hand still in mine. I walk as slow as he needs it. He lets go of my hand as soon as we reach the stairs up to his room. I walk in front of him, him touching the small of my back, probably stabilizing himself on me, keeping up with my pace. We reach the bathroom sooner or later, blocking out the loud music a bit, as I close the door. Niall leans against the sink and the counter with his hips.

"I need to check that on your ribs", I tell Niall.

"You just want me to take off my shirt", Niall smirks with his cut lip.

He licks his lips, as I roll my eyes at his very stupid remark. But honestly, it is kind of very true.

"Idiot, just lift your shirt. I need to see how bad it is and if it's bruised. I won't touch it, if it hurts too bad", I explain.

He nods, lifting his shirt, revealing his light six pack. I try not to stare and make it too obvious. I look at his ribs instead, seeing a blue mark already forming on the skin. I bend down, looking a bit closer, clearly seeing where he was hit and how big the hand was. The four knuckle imprints are very visible. I lightly touch it, not getting any reaction from Niall.

"Does it hurt badly?", I ask, quite unsure what to do.

Niall shakes his head. I step back again, letting him put his shirt down again.

"Can you sit down on the toilet? I need to take care of the cuts and your hand", I say, not looking at Niall.

He just moves, groaning as he sits down. He's trying to be tough for me but I know he's in a lot of pain. I look for some desinfectant stuff and cotton balls. As I find some, I hear Niall reposition himself on the toilet. I quickly wash my hands before putting the disinfectant stuff on a cotton ball. I kneal down in front of Niall, looking at him. He still hovers over me. My hand reaches for Niall's chin, so I can keep him still.

"This will burn", I say, putting the cotton ball to his lip.

He flinches a bit, taking my hand from his face by taking my upper arm in his hand. I feel a tingle creep up my arm. He lets go again, so I continue dabbing the cotton ball on the cut again and then changing to the cut on the eyebrow. Niall hisses slightly. I just take my lip between my teeth, as I concentrate on getting the rest of the blood from Niall's cuts. He stares down at my lips, looking like he's about to make a move but he's hesitant. And I'm glad that he's hesitant. As soon as I'm finished, I throw the cotton ball away and look down at him from a distance. I drench a new cotton ball in desinfectant fluid for his hand. I also take some tissues with water to wipe off the blood. He must've hit someone really hard. I don't want to know how Grayson and his friends look like now.