twenty-seven

Mere hands me some of my brushes, so I can do my makeup. It's only Mere and me getting done together tonight. Lilian is at another girls place to get ready and Mia and Riley can't come because they both have family things to do. Wesley is not taking us to the party because he's already at Jake's place and driving over with him. I'm on sober duty tonight but I already told Mere that I might get drunk, too, and find us someone to drive us home. I think she's okay with it but she didn't really answer to that.

"Should I do glitter or should I go with my natural matt look?", Mere asks, as I start on my foundation.

"Glitter", I mumble, almost getting some foundation in my mouth.

"Good choice", she chuckles, seeing my struggle.

I hate wearing foundation but after my period ended two days ago, I really broke out. My face looks like the moon's surface. Mere turns on our party preparation playlist, first selecting some Nicki Minaj. I actually kind of like her music. It's fun and you feel like a girl boss when listening to her. We both sing along.

After about half an hour, I'm finished with everything, having a very natural makeup look with no fake lashes. My eyelashes are thankfully at an amazing length, so I just have to coat them with mascara twice. Mere is still putting on highlighter and then she should be done.

"What are you wearing?", she asks me, putting her makeup back in her bag.

I open my closet and pull out the clothes that I already picked out earlier and put them on one hanger.

"This", I say and hold it out to her.

"Looks fine to me. I'm wearing this", she says, pulling a silver sequin dress from her bag.

I never understood how you can wear something like that. Isn't that really heavy and warm? I could never wear something like that. Let alone because I think it wouldn't suit me and my personality.

"Nice", I say, turning with my clothes in my hands to get changed in my bathroom.

I get changed as quick as I can. We should've been at the party about ten minutes ago. Niall already asked me, if we were still coming because he was waiting outside for us to greet us, so we wouldn't be alone for the first minutes. As soon as I'm completely finished getting dressed, I go back to my room, also seeing Meredith finished with changing. She looks so beautiful and I wish my brother would like her and not Lilian, even though she's amazing, too. I mean, Meredith is my best friend and never had a lot of luck with guys, especially after the Niall-thing happened.

"Damn, girl, you look like Ryan's going to have a snack, no, a feast tonight", I chuckle, checking her out in her outfit.

She punches me in the shoulder playfully, telling me that I'm an idiot.

"Well, you look like someone Niall would bang against the bathroom door", she fires back.

I chuckle a bit, feeling my cheeks get a little red. Niall and I will never be a thing. We will never have sex again. It was a one time thing.

"I hope we play Truth or Dare tonight. I have some pretty good dares for tonight", she explains, following me downstairs.

I take my cross body from the kitchen table and put my wallet in it before getting my car keys. We sit in the car soon, running through the cold rain. It started raining as soon as Mere came over. I actually like the rain somehow. It calms me a little. Mere connects her phone to the aux-chord and plays our party preparation playlist. We sing along to quite some songs before I reach Niall's place. I park one block away from his road, so I don't get in too much trouble, if the police comes and tries to clear up the party. They usually start with scanning the people for the drivers of nearby vehicles.