eight

"No, we will not play a Sum 41 song, Violet. You always want to play a stupid song by them. It's not going to happen", Mere speaks.

"Then what do you want to play? Some used up Pop songs?", I fire back, as she just glares at me.

It's just a few minutes after the audition and we're currently discussing what songs we're going to play at Mere's party. Justin and Niall didn't say a word yet. I'll seriously stab someone, if we don't start deciding what we want to play. I really want to get home. It's been a long school day.

"How about we play some Green Day? You can really dance and party to some of their music, especially "American Idiot" and "Holiday". Do you guys know those?", Niall asks.

Mere just glares at him. Man, the thing on the 4th of July must've really gotten to her. I just look at Justin, who's now starting to do the talking. Mere is behaving like a little kid right now.

"I think Green Day songs are great to cover. We played Sum 41 quite often, no offence, Vio. I really think those two songs could make a party great. I mean, you can always rock out to a Green Day song at a party", Justin explains.

I look back at Mere, who still looks like she could kill someone.

"Green Day sounds good to me", I answer.

Mere just nods. She's so stubborn. I hate when she behaves like a little child that doesn't get what they want.

"Good, so we'll play "Holiday" and "Jesus of Suburbia" and "American Idiot"? I really don't think we need to play more. It's enough songs since "Jesus of Suburbia" is quite long", Niall suggests.

"Does everyone know the songs?", I ask.

Mere and Justin agree and so does Niall. I know the songs aswell. We should just play through them once or twice.

"So, how about we try them out?", Justin suggests, reading my thoughts.

I nod, standing up to get my bass. It was a pain in the ass bringing my e-guitar and my bass here. They're both really heavy. I take my bass out of its cover. Niall, Mere and Justin also get themselves ready. I just play a few tunes.

"Okay, "American Idiot" on four. One, two, three, four!", Justin shouts, making us all start playing.

This might be quite an eventful year with this band constellation. I hope we stay together and Mere and Niall can get their shit together. Mere can't be mad at him forever and he has to realize that he can't fuck around school forever. He has to settle sometime and stop go around breaking hearts. It's not cool and might even make the band get a bad image.

After we play through all songs a couple of times, we agree on quitting for today. We all pack up and the fastest to be finished is Mere, who doesn't even say goodbye to any of us.

"What crept up her ass?", Niall asks, as soon as Justin is also gone.

I roll my eyes and lock the case of my bass. I will not answer him. He's already getting on my last nerve enough for today. I need a break from him.

"Oh, so the silent treatment? Did something creep up your ass? You seem so tense today, babygirl. Do you need a massage?", Niall asks.

I feel him walking up a few steps towards me from behind. I decide to just ignore it. Suddenly a hand lays on my waist. I turn around so quick, that Niall stubbles back and bumps into a chair. It catches him off-guard but he collects himself quickly after, coming right back to me. His body is so close to mine. I try to push him off but he stays right where he is.

"I know how much you want me, babygirl. You show me often, playing all innocent and angel like", he whispers, as he comes to my ear with his lips.

It tickles me, as his breath goes through my tunnel and hits the skin behind my ear. I try to push him away again but he stays still like before. His lip suddenly comes in contact with my neck. I groan out in annoyance but also pleasure. I swear, I don't know what my body is doing but it's enjoying this. My hands find their way towards Niall's abs over his shirt.