forty-two

Niall has a towel over his shoulder, as he walks beside me. He looks so good in the sunlight with his tan body. I look over at him. His muscles flex and relax when he walks. I adore him in any way possible. How can someone be so nice and wonderful? How can someone like him ever like someone like me?

"So, did you do early college admissions?", I ask Niall, looking over at him.

"Yeah, I applied to a few on early admissions", he explains.

"Which did you apply to?"

"UA, Yale, UCLA, UF, NYU", he says.

"Which is your dream college?", I ask.

"University of Alabama, I don't want to leave home too far yet. I feel like staying close to home can make you feel safe in your choices", he explains.

"Yeah, I hope you get accepted. I think the University of Alabama is a good choice for you."

"I believe that, too. I mean, my Mom went there and Amy wanted to go there aswell. It would only continue on the family tradition."

I nod. We reach the beach soon, the sand feeling warm under my feet. I lay out my towel and watch Niall do the same. Niall takes his flip flops off, smiling at me. I shimmy out of my coverup dress and take my own flip flops off. I catch Niall mustering me from head to toe. I clear my throat with a smirk on my lips.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer", I chuckle.

"If you say so", he smiles, pulling out his phone from the bag he brought.

"No", I squeal, pushing him a little.

"What? You said I could", he chuckles.

I roll my eyes, smiling to myself, as he puts his phone away. He then snakes his arms around my waist. His hands warm up my body. The feeling of heat creeping up to my cheeks aswell. I gulp down harshly, looking at him through my sunglasses. Good that he can't see my eyes.

"I have an idea", Niall smiles, "Friday night. You and I. Drive in theater. I'll pick you up at 5:30pm to get dinner first."

A small smile creeps on my lips. I nod. It's a date. He quickly boops my nose with his finger, making me giggle a bit. God, since when am I so girly?

"What movie is on at the theater?", I ask, as we part and make our way to the water without having any body contact.

There are very few people at the beach. It makes me a little nervous, considering Niall and I are almost alone.

"They're playing "Spider-Man: Homecoming" with that Tom Holland guy. I heard it should be a good movie. And I guessed you have something for good looking super heroes, hence Cole Sprouse and Dylan O'Brien, even though they both are not ever really playing superheroes", Niall rambles.

"I love Marvel", I just say, walking into the water.

"Wait, what?", I hear Niall say, as he stops behind me, just looking at me with wide eyes and a slightly opened mouth.

"You heard me", I chuckle, walking backwards now.

"Wow, I think I like you stronger the more I get to know about you", he smirks, walking into the water now, too.

I smile to myself, as I bend down and start swimming away from Niall, deeper into the water. He's by my side soon.

"Favorite superhero?", he questions.

"Uhm, probably, Thor or Hulk", I tell him.

"Never would I have thought that I'd have this conversation with you", he chuckles.