fifteen

Wesley gives me a weird look, as he checks the clock. I slip on my Vans and take my keys and helmet. My Mom also gives me a concerned look from her spot on the couch.

"What are you doing, honey?", she asks.

I tie my hair back in a low ponytail to have my hair out of the way for my helmet. Quickly, I pull it over my head and close the strap on my helmet.

"I'm going out to take pictures with a friend for a school project at the cliff where the billboard stands", I answer, actually telling the truth for once.

I used to lie a lot when I secretly met with Tobias. I actually miss him, even though he kind of broke my heart when he moved away and told me that we couldn't stay together. Yes, it was mostly just booty calls from either one of us but I genually liked him a lot. He listened when no one else did and he even met me without the intention to have sex. We genually cared for each other but we weren't in a relationship. We even said that it's nothing serious. It was basically just a friends with benefits situation where one caught feelings, a.k.a me.

"Be home by 12:30am and make sure you lock the front door. Who is this friend, if I may ask?", Mom smiles.

"Niall", I grumble, putting my sunglasses in a case and into my backpack.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow", Mom says.

"Love you", I tell her.

Wesley doesn't even move a muscle, as I walk past him. I open the front door, seeing Niall on his motorcycle in front of my house. My eyes find his. I thought we'd meet at the cliff. What the hell? I walk over to him, crossing my arms in front of me.

"What are you doing here?", I question, as I open my visor some more.

"I thought I'd pick you up, so it's hurting the environment less. Get on", he says.

I roll my eyes and get on behind him, putting my arms around his waist. He tenses up before driving off and down the road. I lean my head on his back, not feeling like getting some flies and shit on my helmet. My neighborhood flies past us, as we drive. It's a 20 minute drive to the "Couples Cove". I hate that it's that far. I mean, 20 minutes is okay but it's still far. And it's a boring drive. It's mostly highway and then up the mountains. I feel Niall speeding up, as we reach the highway. We fly past a few cars and some other motorcycles. My arms are freezing by now, even though it's pretty warm and my jacket is wind-proof. I take a look in the rear-view mirror, seeing Niall looking in it aswell before putting his eyes on the street again. We drive for quite some time until we reach the parking lot for the lookout location. Niall waits for me to get off of the motorcycle, smirking a bit, as I ruffle my hair after opening the low ponytail.

"Never thought I'd be up here with someone",
Niall chuckles.

"Don't expect me to kiss you or anything. This is just for our project in school", I mumble, walking up to the edge.

A wooden fence stands there, making sure no one accidentally falls over the edge. I lean my body against the fence, looking down at the city with my head on my fists. Niall comes up behind me, standing with me, also just looking down at the city.

"It'll only be half an hour, then the sky should turn colorful. I'll take pictures of you taking pictures and looking at the sunset. Just don't be bothered by me. I think we can put my camera on my motorcycle seat and do a self shot, so we can have a picture together aswell", Niall explains.

"Sure", I answer, seeing another car pull up next to the motorcycle.

"I just hope they don't start fucking in that car while we take pictures", he chuckles.