seven

Mia and I leave History as soon as the bell rings. Riley didn't feel all too well today but she's coming back to school tomorrow because she has try-outs tomorrow evening after classes. She just got a headache this morning and decided to stay home. It's not like she's missing too much new information in classes. Our teachers actually didn't start class all the way yet. It's all just repeating things from last year to prepare us further for our class. Riley is overprepared for all classes anyway. She wants to get her 4.0 GPA to get into any kind of Ivy League University to study Psychology. At least she knows what to do with her life unlike me.

"So, do you want me to come by during auditions? I mean, my try-out is on Friday after school and I don't have to practice and I'm bored as hell anyway at home because my brother is having his friends over and they're having the movie room", she smiles, as we sit down at our lunch table.

"Sure, you can come by. Mere, Justin and I will probably need some help with finding one opinion. We probably need the outside opinion since you are going to have to listen to us play anyway", I answer, getting out my lunch, consisting of a banana and a cheese sandwich.

We just start eating lunch without Mere. I look over to my brother's usual table but they aren't there yet. The Freshmen from yesterday aren't even sitting there and not at our table aswell. People are still coming into the cafeteria, as the second bell rings, signaling other students that their class is starting. We have separated lunch times. It's just random who has class and lunch.

"Where's Meredith staying? She's never this late", Mia asks, looking at her phone.

I also put my lunch down and look at my phone. She didn't text me, actually no one did.

"There she is", Mia suddenly announces, nodding towards the doors.

She comes walking down towards us with her lunch on the tray in her hand. She sit down next to Mia, smiling a bit.

"Wow, Miss Kenna held me back. She just asked me, if I could tutor a Sophomore in her class. He has a little problem with Analysis and since I had an A last year, she asked me", Mere smiles happily.

"That's awesome", Mia tells her, biting into her food afterwards.

I also start eating again. Soon enough the cafeteria fills up and students sit down with their friends. Wesley's table is still unoccupied. That's weird. At least one of them should be here by now. Just as I want to turn around, I feel a hand on my shoulder. Someone sits down next to me, letting me go after sitting. My eyes wander over to see Jake next to me. Lilian, Luke and Wesley also sit down at our table shortly after.

"What do you want?", Mere spits, looking at them with a glare.

She doesn't like them aswell, ever since the thing with Niall happened. She thinks they're all like that, which they kind of are. I really just can't stand their morals and how they treat other people or let themselves being treated, especially Lilian. She should be the one with a brain but she's just stoned most of the time and likes to have several boys at the same time. I look over at Jake, who is now talking.

"Well, we just wanted to make sure that you look out after Niall durning the audition. He's got a very nice voice and can play guitar really well", he answers.

"Equal chances to everyone", Mere says.

"Yeah, just remember to especially look at Niall", Lilian fakes a smile.

"We will", I answer, just wanting to make everyone shut up.

I glare at Mere, as she's about to say something. She shuts up and goes back to eating. Wesley calls my name, so I look at him, throwing him a slight glare, as I bite into my banana.