fifty

Two Years later

"I give up! I'm going to be a hooker!"

I don't even know what this crap means. My textbooks are scattred across the floor of my apartment. Menchie lays on my programming textbook, purring as I give no attention to her but rather scream at my stupid Calculus homework that's laying on the ground in front of me.

"Damn, what's wrong with you?", Riley asks, as I hide my face in my hands before I get a complete mental breakdown.

"I don't get this and I have a test tomorrow. I need at least a 80 to stay on an A", I groan.

It's so stupid that I have my final test of the semester right before the Christmas holidays. I didn't even get presents yet.

"Well, I can't help you. I don't have that class and I sucked in Calculus in high school, too", she chuckles, "Why don't you call Zach? Isn't he an engineering major?"

I sigh. Zach is in class and I don't want to text him. His professor will kill him.

"He's in Mr Douglas' class", I explain.

"Wow, not even your boyfriend has time to help you with your homework... You could
call Niall. He's out of class and he even has Calculus. He told me the last time that he Facetimed me", Riley tells me.

I shrug. I haven't talked to Niall in a few days. Maybe he'll help me. Niall and I aren't together anymore. We broke up when I moved to college. Our relationship was just sex and hurting each other in the end, so we ended it on good terms. Niall and I still call, text, Facetime, etc. It's not like we hate each other. We went apart for mutual reasons. Of course, I was heartbroken and cried my eyes out but I still got to see Niall all the time. Sadly, he's still in Alabama. He goes to the University of Alabama, which was his dream. I decided to go to the University of Georgia in Athens. After Niall and the others graduated, things became pretty quiet around town. Wesley lives at Baylor University now, studying Economics. Lilian is trying law school there, too. Jake on the other hand stayed in Tuscaloosa. He works for a restaurant and lives with his parents. The universities he applied to all dropped him, even the ones that he was waitlisted on. He'll be applying again soon but he wanted to make sure he had the financial stuff cleared first. Ryan and Mere live in New York. They both attend NYU. Mia and Luke decided to break up when they found out that Mia had to move to Canada due to her father having a great work opportunity. Luke is now doing a "work and travel" in Austria. Finally, there is Connor. He actually decided to go to the military. He's now stationed in Fort Irwin, California at the moment but hopes to be back soon. Then, there's Riley and I. We live in Athens, Georgia and try to fit in with all of these people. It's a beautiful campus and we both made quite a few friends. After we came here, she actually joined a sorority. Kappa Delta. She usually takes me to the date nights but when she has a fling going on, she usually takes that person.

"I don't want to Facetime Niall", I admit, knowing that it will hurt like every time.

I'm not over it quite yet but Zach helps me get through it a little at least. Zach and I met in our management based class. I was quite lost and he just decided to jump in my life to help me find my way. He asked me on a date two weeks later and we got together about two weeks after that. We're together for four and a half months now and it's going quite well between us. It's not like the relationship with Niall or Tobias. We can actually sit down together and not have sex all the time. With Niall that was quite different. Every time we met, we did something sexual and it wasn't what I wanted. Niall and I really parted on good terms.

"Well, too late", Riley mocks, holding her phone down to me.

It's currently dialing Niall's phone for a Facetime call. God, I look so bad. I haven't showered in three days and my face looks like the surface of the moon. I glare at Riley, as she sits down on our couch to watch me suffer. Soon, Niall's face pops up, smiling at me.