eleven

Niall finally gets his guitar strap over his shoulder, slightly strumming a string. People soon enough silence. Mere's whole garden is packed with people from school and I might have also seen some older people, maybe college students. Mere knows a few, as far as I know. I look back at Justin, nodding a bit. Mere and I also make eye contact before Justin claps his drumsticks together. We all start playing "American Idiot". Mere starts with the guitar part in the beginning, sounding pretty solid. This could be amazing, if no one fucks up.

After three more songs, Niall says our goodbyes. I already turn my amplifier off, so I don't accidentally play a string.

"Thank you all for coming, enjoy your night. We'll be out on the porch, if you guys want anything from us", Niall speaks.

He steps away from the microphone. We all get off of the stage. Mere pulls me into a hug, thanking me.

"Thank you, it was amazing! We guys were the bomb!", she squeals.

I chuckle a bit, pushing her away from me a bit. She jumps over to Justin, also hugging him. He looks a bit taken aback. After Mere says something, he puts his arms around her aswell. Meanwhile, Niall looks at me, smiling a bit.

"Went pretty well", he says.

"Yeah, you did really amazing", I speak up, "You have an amazing voice."

He thanks me before being crushed in a hug from Mere. She must've drank something before the small performance. Justin comes over to me, looking like he'd like to hug. I open my arms and he steps forward, hugging me back.

"You did amazing", I say, chuckling a bit.

"You did aswell. You hit that bass solo so fucking good", he smiles, while letting me go.

"Thanks."

He quickly does a kind of bro-hug-thing with Niall before leaving with Mere by his side. I try to leave, too, but Niall calls my name. I turn around, looking at him. He has his hands in his pockets, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"No hug for me?", he smirks.

"Maybe a kick to your balls, if you want", I spit.

He chuckles a bit before stepping towards me. Someone turned on the music in the house again, so its faint vibrations fill my body.

"How about we go inside and have some shots? I'd really like to have some sort of chance to show you I'm a fun guy to hang around with. You know I'd never pull a move on you because your brother would cut my dick off", Niall explains.

"Okay, but only a few. And let's make it a game of "Never Have I Ever". Every "Never" is a shot. Person with most shots loses and has to have a hot ten minutes with the winner", I smirk.

"Okay, you find your friends, I'll find mine. Then we meet at the guest room", he says.

"Deal."

Niall and I separate, I go into the house while he looks for everyone in the garden.

As soon as we found most of our friends, we meet up at the guest room. Niall carries some shot cups while I have a bottle of Tequila, two bottles of Jägermeister and two bottles of cherry schnapps. Niall opens the door for me, closing it right after. I turn on the light with my elbow, laying the bottles on the bed. There is a huge free area on the floor, big enough for our friends and us to sit down. Soon enough our friends all pile in. Mere, Riley, Mia, Lilian, Jake, Luke, Wesley, Justin, Grayson, Mike and Oliver all sit down on the ground, so Niall and I give out some small plastic shot cups. Loud chatter fills the room, as we let the bottles circle around. Niall and I sit down across from each other and fill our own shot cups. Everyone's conversations die down, as soon as Niall speaks up.