thirty-one

I sit down at the lunch table next to Mere. She just gives me a smile. Mia and Riley sit opposite to us. The others aren't here yet. I just had AP Physics and my class after lunch is actually cancelled but I have to meet with Mr Melroy and Niall because he wants to talk to us about our project. He held us back yesterday after class and told us to meet him towards the end of lunch. We also have our last real band practice before Homecoming this afternoon in the auditorium. Then on Friday we have soundcheck and have to set up our stuff. I'm actually looking forward to playing at Homecoming. The songs we prepared are amazing and I believe this night will be amazing. Soon enough a strong hand grips my shoulder, making me jump a bit. I look over, seeing Niall standing there. He smiles at me. The sandwich in my hand is suddenly snatched from me by another person, making me look up to meet my brother's eyes. He takes a bite from my sandwich, almost eating the whole thing.

"Hey, what the heck?", I ask, kind of shouting.

"You're getting home in like an hour, shut up!", he groans in a teasing way. He sits down next to Mia.

Luke and Jake decided to skip school today because they're going to a Drake concert tonight and they want to be pretty close to the stage. I'm kind of jealous but I don't really like Drake. The last time I was at a concert was a little more than a year ago. I saw Bring Me The Horizon live in concert. It was awesome. I went with my Dad because he liked them. He went into the pit with me. It was funny but the bruises I had the next day were crazy.

"Here, you can have my sandwich. I packed some more because I knew someone would be hungrier than their lunch would allow", Niall's voice erupts next to me.

He lays a peanut butter and jelly sandwich down in front of me.

"Thanks", I say, taking the sandwich and starting to eat.

Conner and Lilian join us soon enough. Ryan is nowhere to be seen but I guess he's sitting with his jock friends. He's a football player. Then I remember that Niall asked me to go to the football game with him on Friday and go home with him after Homecoming.

"Niall", I say, turning my head towards him.

He looks at me while biting into his apple.

"Uhm, you asked, if I would go to the game with you and go to your place after Homecoming. I'd love to do both. I also talked to Wesley", I whisper the last part, just so no one else hears.

He nods, smiling a little. I continue eating my sandwich, enjoying it. We talk about the most random stuff during this lunch period. Mere and Ryan are official now and they're going to the movies on Sunday. Mia and Luke went on a Date on last Sunday and didn't tell anyone but she spilled it. Conner didn't do anything but play video games. Riley was stuck at her grandparents place and Jake got high with some other friends in the bushes at the park.

"And what did you do, Niall?", Wesley now asks, throwing a smirk at him and I.

I glare back at him. Niall finishes his bite and looks at me shortly before answering.

"Well, Saturday was the party and Sunday Violet and I went ice skating in my parents ice rink that they rent to the local hockey team", he tells everyone.

Mere looks like her eyes are about to fall out of their sockets. I just continue eating and try my hardest not to blush too much. Everyone just goes back to eating but I feel someone kicking me under the table. I look up, seeing Mia having an eyebrow raised at me. She looks really surprised. Usually, I tell the girls everything. I never have too many secrets in front of them but anything including Niall, I'm trying to keep pretty much secret. It's not that I don't trust them, I just feel like I need some privacy, too. I don't know everything special from their relationships. Soon enough, I feel Niall poke me in the arm, so I look over at him.