forty-four

The movie ended quite a while ago and the end card ended too. Only a few more cars are here. People always forget that there is another part in the end card of Marvel movies after the actual movie. I'm laying on Niall's theigh with my head, him just sitting up and playing with my hair. His fingers run through my curls, playing with one once in a while. He's a little shaky but not because he's cold. He was even too warm and gave me the blanket for myself. I don't want to get up and leave this moment. It's so beautiful right now. Everything is perfect for once.

"Violet, we have to get going or we'll miss your cerfew", Niall whispers.

I nod, getting off of his theigh, while he takes some pillows to put them in the back of the truck, not the open loading space but behind our seats, there is a small bench of seats where the blankets and stuff laid earlier. I take the blanket with me and put my shoes on, jumping off the back of the truck after. Niall is still bringing stuff into the car, instructing me to stay in the passenger seat and not help him at all. Just as he gets back in the driver side, I realize that he told me that he has to ask me something when we're at my house. I'm scared. What happens, if he asks me to be his girlfriend? I'm way too nervous to even think about it. I haven't ever committed to a relationship... I mean, Tobias and I were never a couple but we had feelings for each other... or at least I did for him.

"You okay? You're so quiet", Niall asks, as we get onto the highway.

"I'm okay", I say quickly, probably too quickly for his liking.

He just stays silent, as I shift a little in the seat and look out the window to my right. Niall turns the music up a bit. My hands lay on my lap, lightly intertwined. I sit on the passenger seat with my legs crossed underneath my body. My eyes watch the cars pass, as we drive passed them on the left side. The car lights illuminate the road and the woods next to the road. I hear a The 1975 song starts playing. 'Sex' fills my ears, making a small smile crawl on my face. I love this song so much. Suddenly, I feel someone take my intertwined hands apart, making a bigger one replace my right hand. I look down, seeing Niall's large hand holding my small hand. His tattoos look so nice on his arm, practically making mine look less important. He starts drawing small circles on the back of my hand. My right, unoccupied hand reaches out, laying on the back of Niall's hand, so it's somewhat in a cocoon of my hands. But, my hands are too small, so they don't cover Niall's hand completely. His finger still draws circles on the back of my hand, making my stomach fill with butterflies. If this is what real love feels like I don't want it to end ever. Niall starts singing to the next song that starts playing. I join in, just because I feel like it and because we play in a band together, so it doesn't matter if he hears me singing.

"It comes in waves, I close my eyes, hold my breath and let it bury me. I'm not okay, and it's not alright. Won't you drag the lake and bring me home again?", we both sing.

Niall stops running his thumb on my hand. He then turns off of the highway. We need about five minutes to get to my house. Niall takes his hand from mine, laying both on the steering wheel. We take a sharp right turn after getting off the highway. This way we're driving to the part of town I live in. As soon as we're back on a straight road, Niall's hand finds its way to my theigh. He holds my theigh pretty much in the middle of it. He doesn't reach higher, probably wanting me to feel comfortable. Honestly, this touch alone can make me feel woozy and make the wetness in my panties erupt.

"So, I'll pick you up at 4:30pm tomorrow, okay? I'm coming with the motorcycle. My car is at the car shop to get repairs done", Niall explains.

"Okay, thank you", I say.

My eyes are glued to the world outside, not daring to look at Niall right now. I'd just be too nervous. Soon enough, Niall pulls up in front of my house. My heartbeat raises. My hands get sweaty and my hands are shaky. Niall lets go of my theigh, so we both get out of the car. We walk up the path to my house. The way seems so long. We stand at the front door. No light illuminates the house but the small light we have above the door. I feel a nervous tension come from Niall and it's not really helping me calm down. My eyes are glued to my feet. I can't look at him because I'm so nervous. I don't even know, if I can speak right now. My mouth probably wouldn't let a word leave.