forty-six

Niall and I sit on the motorcycle, passing buildings. My front is pressed to Niall's back in a tight grip. My head lays on his back, too. The warmth of his body warms me a little in my cold state. The wind is just too cold for me. Niall stops at a red light.

"Are you okay?", he shouts over the motor.

"I'm a little cold but it's fine", I answer.

He takes my hands and pushes them under his leather jacket, so my hands are on his t-shirt covered abs. He seems tense for a moment before relaxing under my touch. He starts driving, as soon as the traffic light turns green again. The wind doesn't hit my hands and arms that bad anymore, which makes me shake less. Niall pulls up in his driveway soon after. A small cat is sitting on the front porch, licking her legs. Niall and I get off of the motorcycle, moving up to the front door.

"That's Puss by the way. She's my neighbor's cat but she likes to sit on our front porch most of the time", Niall explains, chuckling a bit.

"Cute... I love cats", I smile.

"You should get one when you move to college. You can get an emotional support animal and make it a cat. People usually have dogs but I think a cat can do very well, too."

Niall goes in first, telling me to just leave my jacket and shoes downstairs. My bag of clothes and bathroom equipment hangs loosely on my shoulders.

"If you need to go to the bathroom to change or something, you know where it is."

I nod and follow Niall upstairs. He makes his way to his room while I go to the bathroom to get changed and freshen up. I quickly do what I need to do and pull on some black sweat shorts and a loose t-shirt. As soon as I'm done, I go to Niall's bedroom. He's standing at the open door to the balcony with a cigarette in his hand and no t-shirt on with only gray sweatpants hanging loosely on his hips. I set my backpack next to his desk before walking over to him. His body is slightly slumped. We had a good time after we talked but we both didn't smoke weed or drink alcohol. Everyone else from our friend group did but I don't mind. I hug Niall from behind, laying my head on his strong back. Niall tenses a bit but relaxes sooner or later. He turns around, quickly throwing out the cigarette. His hand moves to my hair, touching it softly and tucking it behind my ear.

"You're so beautiful", he tells me, smiling down at me.

I look down at my feet. Niall lifts my face up again.

"So, you in the mood for some cuddles and a movie?", he asks.

"Yeah, sure", I nod.

He quickly gives me a kiss on the cheek before leading me to his bed. He lets me lay on the side that is against the wall. I watch Niall get his laptop out and turn it on. He comes beside me, sitting up with his back leaned against the headboard. The window of his balcony is still open, making cool night air stream through the room. I shiver a little, so I take the blanket and cover myself in it.

"So, what do you want to watch?", he asks.

"You decide", I smile, looking up at him from my laying position on the mattress.

He nods, looking a little moody. I move closer to him, laying my head against his hip.

"What's up?", I ask quietly.

He lays one hand on my head, stroking through my hair while the other is on his laptop, looking for a movie we could watch.

"I just hate that Wes won't accept us being together", he mumbles.

"We just have to go on as we are. Wesley has no right to separate us in any way", I explain.

"I know but it's hard to see him despise me in every way when we're together."