thirty-six

I unpack my bikini and some shorts and a large white t-shirt. We're about to go to the beach to have a swim and get tan. We arrived about an hour ago and Niall already decided to make us go to the beach. The house is incredible. We barely have to share rooms. Wesley and Lilian have a room, Mia and Riley share one, Niall has his own bedroom, Luke and Jake also share one with Conner and Mere, Ryan and I share a room. It's pretty nice. We all have our own beds and own bathrooms to the room. Mere and I can literally go take a shower and go to the toilet at the same time because the shower area is sectioned off from the toilet and sink with a huge white curtain. It's beautiful. We even have a bathtub. I'll definitely be using that someday, maybe tonight. Mere and Ryan already went to the beach, so us others just have to follow behind. I'm wearing a black bikini top with straps going like a normal bra but also straps going from between my boobs to on the strap above my boob. It looks like a bralette, even though it has cups and underwire and everything. The bottoms are just plain black bikini bottom. I don't like all these fancy bikinis with tassels and glitter and metal detailing. I'm a fan of just simple things. Quickly, I get dressed in the bathroom. As soon as I'm finished, I get myself a pair of sunglasses and tie my hair up in a bun. My feet are placed in some flipflops and a towel is thrown over my shoulder. Yes, I put on sunscreen. I also grab my phone and earphones, if I want to lay down on the beach and tan a little. I quickly tuck the front of my shirt into my shorts, making it seem a little more flattering to my body. I mean, a really large white shirt is not very flattering on a petite and slim body like mine.

"God, Violet? Riley? Are you guys done yet?", I hear Wesley shout, making me jump and grab my stuff.

On my way down the stairs, I retie my messy bun. I just hate swimming with open hair. It just gets in the way and the wet pieces of hair sticking to my body is just disgusting. Wesley taps his foot impatiently, as Riley also comes down the stairs in a blue flowy beach dress.

"Can we finally leave?", Jake asks, putting his sunglasses on.

We all head towards the door but Niall holds me back, so we can walk together. The others are already out the door, as we still haven't followed them yet. I attempt to follow them but Niall tells me to stay back.

"Can we talk quickly?", he smirks down at me.

I nod and look up at him. He takes his left hand and lays it on my waist. He pulls me forward a bit, so we're almost touching.

"Well, would you like to come to my room tonight, maybe after we all watched a movie together?", he asks, having a smug look on his face.

I look straight at his chest, not wanting to look in his face. He couldn't have asked for sex more obviously? I remove Niall's hand from my waist, stepping away from him. He steps closer again.

"I'm not asking you for sex, Violet. I just want to hang out with you. Really."

"Okay but we honestly have to speak about everything that happened between us", I demand.

"We will. Just don't let everything ruin this day but have fun and enjoy a day at the beach", he speaks, touching my arm with his hand.

"Yeah. But Niall, can you promise me that we will talk about everything considering us and not just sit around and talk about other stuff", I say.

"We will. Now, let's go follow the others or they'll think that we're doing something else", Niall chuckles lightly.

I nod and walk out of the house first. Niall locks up behind us. We walk down to the beach next to each other, already seeing the others in the water or tanning on their towels. Niall and I walk in complete silence. We reach the beach soon. Niall and I separate, I decide to lay down on my towel next to Mere and Niall lays his towel down by the guys and immediately goes into the water, taking off his t-shirt first. His shoulders have The 1975 lyrics tattooed across them. This tattoo is so nice. I try not to gawk at him but my eyes follow his well trained body until he's in the water.