thirty

I get out of the car, looking over at Niall with a slight smile on my face. I put my sunglasses on. It's really sunny today. The building in front of us makes me want to jump up in happiness. I haven't been here in ages. Last time was when Dad and I came here to have a small talk about what's happening to him. This is the place Niall and I actually met the first time. Wesley was out with his friends and I was out with my friends and I accidentally slipped and landed right on Niall. Dad and I used to come here often. Ice skating was always one of my favorite things to do. But what are we doing here? It's only the beginning of October. The ice rink opens in late November.

"So, you are probably questioning what we're doing here in early October. Well, my parents own this ice rink and rent it out to the local ice hockey team and I asked the manager of the team, if we could come over for a skate together and he said yes, so we have the rink all to ourselves", Niall explains.

My jaw drops.

"You're joking, right?", I ask quite in shock.

"Nope, I'm not joking", he smiles, looking quite proud of himself.

I shake my head. This is a dream come true. I always wanted to have an ice rink to myself and now I can have one to myself for a few hours. But somehow a sad feeling builds up in my stomach. Why can't we just be a couple? Wesley had nothing to say about my relationships and my life. But it would make things weird between us all. I still don't understand how Wesley can be in a relationship with Jake's, aka his best friend's, sister, aka Lilian, who is also one of my closer friends. And then he forbids me to be together with Niall? Where is the sense behind that? Niall holds the door open for me.

"After you, my lady", he smirks.

"Well, thank you, sir", I chuckle, walking through the door.

Niall wolf-whistles after me, making me turn around. I give him a questioning look after taking off my sunglasses and putting them in my bag.

"Damn, that ass. I'd tap that again", he smirks.

"Ew", I laugh, waiting for him to be beside me, so he can lead the way he wants us to go.

"It's true though. The only person in the way is Wesley", he explains, shrugging his shoulders.

I silence and walk beside him. He makes his way to the ice skates rental area. I've never had my own ice skates. Niall looks over at me, smiling a bit, as he stands before the huge shelves of ice skates.

"Shoe size?", he asks.

"10 in normal shoes 9 in skates", I say.

Yes, I've always had rather big feet. My Mom only has a size 6.

"Okay", Niall speaks up.

He reaches up, getting a pair of shoes from the middle. I take them from him. He gets himself some shoes. I follow Niall to the side of the ice rink. He sits down with me, smiling at me a little before we both exchange our normal shoes for the ice skates.

"So, are you good at ice skating?", he asks.

I shrug, as I tie the shoe lace on my left foot.

"I went here with my Dad a lot but the last time I went ice skating I was 12", I explain.

"I didn't know that you came here with your Dad that often. I would've taken yo-"

"No, it's fine. I like being places that remind me of my Dad. It makes me kind of happy to remember the good old times", I say really quietly.

Niall is finished before me, so he already gets up, standing in front of me.

"It's nice to hear that it doesn't make you that sad."